AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Infocus LP425z (no flames, please!) and am awaiting the arrival of a Malata N996. I have posted a question similar to the following in the DVD Hardware Section. I have finally found out (no thanks to Infocus Tech Support) that the 425z will accept separate Hsync and Vsync, digital composite sync, and composite sync on green in both interlaced and non-interlaced sources via the VGA input. Unfortunately, the projector does not have component inputs. The Malata is capable of sending out a progressive signal in the following modes:
  • NONE Y Pb Pr
  • Y G B R
  • Y Y Pb Pr
  • SYNC G B R
  • Y G+SYNC B R
  • SYNC G+SYNC B R

The question that I have is whether I simply need a BNC-VGA breakout cable or if I need to purchase a transcoder. It was suggested in the other post that if the projector was capable of sync on green, I could use the BNC-VGA breakout cable along with BNC-RCA adapters and just hook up the RGB, leaving the Hsync and Vsync alone. Then, I can set the DVD player to output a sync on green signal. If this is the case, what setting do I use on the DVD player, the SYNC G+SYNC B R?

Sorry if I seem a little dense on the subject. This is an entirely new realm to me.

------------------

"Can I refill your eggnog, Eddie? Take you out in the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Greg Jones
The Cellar

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^BUMP^

------------------

"Can I refill your eggnog, Eddie? Take you out in the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Greg Jones
The Cellar

·
Registered
141 Posts
Greg,

While I am not a projector user normally, I did get a chance today to play with my Malata hooked to a friend's NEC LT150. All tests were run with the Malata in progressive mode. First we used a 5-BNC to HD15 breakout cable leaving two of the leads disconnected and put the Malata in Component mode (NONE Y Pb Pr) Then on the LT150, we told it the HD15 connector was receiving component. This of course worked beautifully.

Then we tried to do RGB. So we left the physical connections the same, put the Malata in (Y G+SYNC B R) mode, and told the LT150 it was receiving RGB. This did not work, we got a green picture. Then we put the Malata in (Y G B R) mode, told the LT150 it was in RGB mode. This also gave us the green-only picture.

So I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or what the problem is. We will have this setup tomorrow also, so if there is something else I should try, I would be happy to try it.

Scott

------------------

Scott Barnhart
[email protected]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Okay, so I figured out how to make it sync - you have to set the Malata in the Expert Menu - Video - "Progressive DAC" to the sync-on-green setting. Then it worked, but I got a broken white line on the very top line of the projector - maybe some kind of sync problem? I couldn't get it to sync to the LT150 with any of the other RGB settings.

So aside from the weird white line on the top of the display, it looks like you can set your projector and Malata to sync together.

------------------

Scott Barnhart
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.