AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone or any expert tell me here if the malata or the pioneer dv444k (=dv5310kd) is better. especially the progressive scan function.

still in doubt to buy which one. pls some advise

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
The 444 is a revamped version of the 434 (not true progressive scan, no 3:2 pulldown).

Follow this thread to see a full report on the Malata and the 434:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...-2-8-2001.html

On the other hand, the 444 is a solid and excelent player in interlaced mode. My experience with the Malata was pretty bad, as it got unexpectedly hot after an hour of playing, after which I couldn't play anything. As for image quality, there are better players out there. The picture of the Malata is very soft with no "blacks" ... A very unstable player.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
My experience with the Malata has been the exact opposite. I love it and it has replaced my main player. It gets a lot of use.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Let me chime in. Tully probably had a dud player. The Malata does its job very well and is actually built quite decently to boot. No one on this forum has ever complained about the Malata overheating or that it had a soft image. My Malata throws a fabulous progressive picture out of an LT150 projector. It rivals my Panasonic RP56 in every way except in the area of video source de-interlacing where the Panasonic has the edge due to its Sage-Faroudja chip. For film source materials, I cannot see any difference between the two players, and both of them are a bit better than the more expensive (though older) Toshiba 5109 which I also tested and returned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.