AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a new house last year and my one stipulation to my wife, had to have a finished basement so I could have my man cave. Was debating in going with a full movie theater theme, or a bears theme, definitely made the right choice.

Now, I know it's not quite the dedicated theater many if you on here have, but wanted to share regardless.

Went with a panasonic ae7000 projector, 120" AT screen seymour center stage xd from jamestown screens, 7.1 sound system, all BIC America speakers(fh-6w for rears, fh-8w for center and l/r, dv62si for surrounds, klipsch subwoofer rw-12d, and Sony 1030 receiver.

Now the picture I have that lays out the speakers behind the screen, I was actually able to place the sides one more stud out so they are just 2-3 inches from the inside edge if the screens frame.

Don't really have any before pictures right now, but here are the finished ones.

The entrance to the basement, greeted by Sweetness.

Picture after initial coat of paint. Went with officially licensed paint, glidden from Home Depot. Colors really are dead on.

Mapped out where speakers and projector screen will go

CHRISTMAS MORNING!

Testing it out, just projecting it on a wall with iTunes season pass.

Got a great deal from amazon local, 33% off fat heads.

Hanging projector.

Daughters watching hop right now.

Center, front left, and front right speakers all go behind the screen. Bought an acoustically transparent screen.

Cant wait for football season!

Post your man cave and/or bears den pictures!

Edit: couple more pictures

Edit 2:

Couple panoramic photos taken with iPhone

And the candy to go with the movie theater aspect if it.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very nice space! Go Bears! I'm in the process of finishing my basement into a theater room, and have to figure out how best to fit in my Bears Stuff too. (Not enough to cover the whole room though) Football season can't get here fast enough.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The room is not very appealing. I really don't like what you've done with the layout. The color scheme is horrible

Ok, Ok, i'm a Packer fan-Nice job!

·
Registered
187 Posts
You had me at...

Bear down!!

Good work on the theater as well.. enjoy that shiny new offense on that big screen come September..

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Nice job my man. I'm a former chicogan now living in the Cleveland area. My cave has some Bears stuff in it as well, not as much as yours does;) what's the local buzz on the upcoming season?

·
Registered
284 Posts
LOVE the room!!! I know you from our Bears site

I have a room with a lot of similarities to yours. I will try and get some pics posted. I hosted a superbowl party this yr, it will be an annual event at my house now. Can't beat a Hi-def super bowl at 100" plus!!

Off topic: We just might have a solid offensive line this yr!!! Draft is just weeks away.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Like I said on CHICITY forum, very nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts