AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My listening room is pretty much completed so I went ahead and spruced up the garage a bit and added a 2.1 system. I've ordered an eD subwoofer kit to replace the existing Infinity sub in the garage. It'll give my son and I a little project to build. So far, I've ended up with this:

1. Definitive Technolgy AW6500 speakers

2. Emotiva ERC-1, USP-1 and UPA-2 components

3. XM tuner w/remote

4. Infinity 12" subwoofer (being replaced when eD kit is complete)

I am pleasantly surprised at the sound of the speakers....no where near my Usher Be-718 quality but MUCH better than I expected.

·
Registered
276 Posts
all these people looking at this thread, ill go ahead and say it....HOLY OVERKILL BATMAN!! all i can say is I wish. i remember seeing your other listening room, seriously nice stuff man. I was looking at your exact same "garage setup" for my listening room. i really wish the ups-1 had a tuner in it though. for now i will have to live with my vintage marantz stuff. i do love emotiva stuff though, i have an xpa-3 and it is awesome!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Wow, that's some really nice gear. I could never bring myself to putting gear that nice in the garage. Never mind the audio gear, your garage is so neat and clean. I thought I was a garage neat clean freak. How do you ever work on anything in there? I would be afraid to get something dirty. Nice HRC sticker on the tool box. Motorcycles are the other big vice that I have next to AV gear.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm glad you are having fun.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas. I just recently finished getting the garage squared away.....new shelves, paint, etc. I had an older AV receiver in the garage but decided to put it in my son's room instead to use with his TV. I know it's overkill for some, but the gear was just sitting around in the closet waiting to be used somewhere. If the USP-1 had a tuner, I prob wouldn't have got the XM receiver. I have a pretty big yard so luckily I don't have to worry about neighbors.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I know its a garage system, so it may not be the best for serious listening, but what are your impressions on the UPA-2? I've been looking at (drooling over) Emotiva gear, and I'm kind of at a toss up; I'm worried the UPA-2 wouldn't have quite the power I'm looking for, and the XPA-2 is quite a bit of overkill (and completely out of my budget)

Any feedback you can provide about the UPA-2, both compared to your stronger Emo amp, and just the unit by itself would be great. Thanks!

Also, all of your systems look great. Doing OK indeed

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ummm.....thats a garage? Mine is full of woodworking tools, car tools, sawdust, grease, oil, gardening things, bikes, cars, and yes an audio system which is an older Sony surround amp (or whatever extra I have that particular year) a computer to play the source files and a nice old pair of Sony G3 speakers. I cant imagine having a garage that clean and audio equipment that good. Some envy there of course

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.