AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But the day is over, and the rum and coke helps.

Rented the drywall lift at 11:30, home by noon, theater ceiling done by 4:00, library done by 9:00 (I had to eat) office done by 10:00 a.m. tomorrow and the lift goes back before my 24 hours is up.

The Theater Continues

Countdown to Gator football season continues. Meanwhile the makeshift theater in my office providing solid entertainment.

Don

·
Registered
631 Posts
What about a bar? you gots to have a bar by the theater. By the time your done you will need more rum and cokes, a bar is very convenient. ps. looking good there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know the feeling. I'm trying to get everything done in my FPHT minus the trim and carpeting for the Tyson fight next Saturday. Last ten days have seen me working 3.5 hours per week night after the paying job and 20+ hours during the weekends. Gettin closer though.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Don, I had to add a www in front of your donfoley.com to get the link to work. Oops!

Looking good though. I was looking at your image of what you planned and saw that you still show a digital projector sitting in the back of the theater. I guess you have been working too much and have not updated that with a CRT? Oh well. We know what you are doing. Watching movies at work!

Keep going!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, what was it last night? Blue Streak I think. Yeah, definite downside of having a wall of my office being a theater. My work is suffering. On the good side, however, since my office isn't light-controled, it only screws up my late-night deadline projects.

I'll be much more productive again, once I finish the theater downstairs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A myth about being self-employeed is that you are "you're own boss."

Pretty much anyone who calls me up and throws money at me is my 'boss of the moment' and at any given time I can have five or six 'bosses' demanding I pay attention to them. Life's a lot simpler with one boss, but I'm not complaining.

But, yeah, I'd da boss, and janitor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.