AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else feel there is almost too much cool display technology out right now? ;)

I have money to spend and can do either LCD/DLP RPTV or LCD FP. I'd love the size of a FP but the pain in the a$$ factor (ambient light control) may get old for me after a while. Sometimes I'd like to just turn on a football game on Saturday or Sunday without having to go into the "cave".

RPTV would probably be ideal but a 50" (due to my budget) seems kind of small.

Then, there is the whole DLP/LCD debate. I've been reading the pros and cons of each technology for months. The bottom line for me is, I don't see rainbows and LCD black levels look fine to me. You see, I can't even manage to decide on a technology! I'm almost getting tired of shopping.

Don't even get me started about if I should wait to see what comes out next. Argh!

Man, it sucks to be me ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Funny I am in the same boat. I almost had my mind made up with the Poineer Pro 53", but then now I am worried about burn in. So I am now looking at the Mitsu Platnum DLP. I also do not see Rainbows and think that the black levels look fine. But it is a lot of money to spend and then later get a bad case of buyers remorse.

Ron

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nothing wrong with a cave, even millionaires like Bruce Wayne use them for home theater. They are sound proof too so no worrying about the neighbors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.