AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the front news page on blu-ray.com...the upcoming UK release will have all of the extras from the 2 disc DVD edition. Australia is also having an upcoming release. Anyone planning to pick them up? I'd love to know if it will be region coded.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2239

For 'Man on Fire', extras include:

Audio commentary by Director Tony Scott

Audio commentary by Production - Lucas Foster, Brian Helgeland and Dakota Fanning

Vengeance is Mine: Re-inventing Man on Fire Documentary

15 Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary by Director Tony Scott

Pita's Abduction: Multi-Angle Sequence with Optional Commentary by Director Tony Scott

Pita's Abduction: Tony Scott's Storyboards (53 stills)

Pita's Abduction: Script Excerpt (8 stills)

Photo Gallery (60 stills)

Music Video: Kinky Oye Como Va'

Theatrical Trailers

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I love this movie but with the spectacular audio and video already available on the Fox release I own, I see no reason to repurchase this title. I've got to say, none of those special features look terribly compelling beyond the commentaries.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Australian version is coming out in a few weeks and I'm placing an order tonight. Wondering if I should risk it and purchase it?

1) will it contain all the extras like the upcoming UK version?

2) will it work on my player?

Ugh.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Many FOX overseas releases (Devil Wears Prada, Walk the Line, I,Robot (U.K), French connection, Bond series, Night/Day Watch, Juno etc) in the recent past have been Region Free. However, this shouldn't stop us from double checking on Region coding before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 /forum/post/15514509

Many FOX overseas releases (Devil Wears Prada, Walk the Line, I,Robot (U.K), French connection, Bond series, Night/Day Watch, Juno etc) in the recent past have been Region Free. However, this shouldn't stop us from double checking on Region coding before pulling the trigger.

Enh. I did it anyway. We'll see what happens on both fronts when they get delivered.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Australian version shipped today. I guess we'll find out soon enough if it has the extras. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please let us know when anyone picks it up.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/15608488

Just picked up!

And? Does it have all the extras????

·
Premium Member
24,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/15608921

And? Does it have all the extras????

Well the xtras that are on it are audio commentaries, deleted scenes, photo galleries, pita abduction, vengeance is mine man of fire documentary 1. Twenty year odyssey 2.the business of kidnapping 3. Caught in the crossfire 4. City of god 5.fire and passion

Music video and theatrical trailer.

Hope that helps !

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/15609046

Well the xtras that are on it are audio commentaries, deleted scenes, photo galleries, pita abduction, vengeance is mine man of fire documentary 1. Twenty year odyssey 2.the business of kidnapping 3. Caught in the crossfire 4. City of god 5.fire and passion

Hope that helps !

Yes!! So everything in my first post! Is it region free??

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/15609046

Hope that helps !

Mate,lucky for you.The dvd version if I remembered correctly,LFE. was very intense and hated that husband also.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/15609140

Ill check!

Great....THANKS!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts