AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to purchase the wonderful "Man on Wire" blu-ray version which is available in the UK via Amazon.co.uk. I know Europe is 'Region B' but I have also read that most BR disc are region free.

Does anyone know if Man on Wire is limited to UK/EU players only, or will it play fine on my Panasonic BD-55? I could not find any region information about the movie, Amazon only says its PAL. Is this also a problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
398 Posts
According to a fellow over at The DVD Forums, it plays in his laptop, which is set to Region A. I've asked if the extras are in NTSC or PAL, and will post the response if there is one.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
There is no PAL or NTSC on Blu-ray movies, except for extras that are in standard definition.

Occasionally there is a 25 fps HD presentation but it is very rare.

I don't know about this specific title Icon Entertainment seems to leave most of their titles coded for all regions.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/15553560

Is this some sort of circus film?
j/k sorry I could not resist.

I was just about to go there..."Man on Wire", get him down for cryin' out loud.

·
Registered
17,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach /forum/post/15555815

lol
SOMEBODY....QUICK!!!! HE IS GOING TO FALL!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Never heard this film,Is it a mocking film for Man on Fire?This movie's name is liked his life was on the string,and going to die or what.

·
Registered
17,106 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
No matter this film exist or not,I don't mind.Thanks you guys all who posted in this thread for make me laugh out loud.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/15559110

lol
Man, this thread derailed fast! Sorry OP!

why did he said a wonderful film and have a name in Rottentomatoes site?This is a cotroversy issue worth watching,this film synopsis was like "Walk The Line"more than "Man on Fire",according to this web.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:

Along with Slumdog Millionaire, it is probably one of the best movies I have seen last year. The movie is crafted like the best of heist films, yet it has a very poignant subliminal message. I saw it, by accident, on an Air Canada flight on the way to winter holidays, right before New Years. The message the film conveys is probably my 2009 resolution.

I think I am going to order it off amazon.co.uk and will report back how well it reads on the BD-55. There is a DVD version out on Amazon.com.

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleddyn H Williams /forum/post/15553900

According to a fellow over at The DVD Forums, it plays in his laptop, which is set to Region A. I've asked if the extras are in NTSC or PAL, and will post the response if there is one.

No response so far on the extras.

I don't want it to be lost in all the silliness in this thread, but this really is a great, inspiring movie.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pred02 /forum/post/15560913

Along with Slumdog Millionaire, it is probably one of the best movies I have seen last year. The movie is crafted like the best of heist films, yet it has a very poignant subliminal message. I saw it, by accident, on an Air Canada flight on the way to winter holidays, right before New Years. The message the film conveys is probably my 2009 resolution.

I think I am going to order it off amazon.co.uk and will report back how well it reads on the BD-55. There is a DVD version out on Amazon.com.

This post made me hand itching to watch this film,Very funny,at first it looked like there is a hilarious tread and it was fun to read these posts,At last this film does existed and may be a good one worth seeing.Anyway ,Seeing is Believing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts