AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I have a true dilemma. I was all set to get another plasma after I sold the sony. then, I got the bright idea of just getting two 65 inch big screen tv's. CC was willing to match 15% off so I was happy. Then I was getting ready to pick them up and I saw their Panasonic. Not the latest but nice. So I started thinking and asked if they would match web prices. Well after a few rounds of people, guess what??? they will match at $3800.00 which they base on avg internet price plus shipping. I figure great...then the worst thing happens. I think well for $2000.00 more.........pio 503.....

am I just torturing myself of what. I think if the pio were closer to $5000.00 it would be a no brainer....

anyone, please shoot me and put me out of my mysery

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Well, I don't know how important size is to you, but I would never buy RPTV's. If you want size, then buy a projector.

I can't help you for the Pio or Panny. Really that's just a matter of how much you want the HD res, and how much those extra 8" are worth.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Purchasers of the Pio503CMX and the Panny plasma's seem to be pretty much on opposite sides of the fence relative to the issue of deeper blacks (Panny feature) and detail in the blacks (Pio feature).

Based on the amount of discussion regarding that issue, I would find it difficult to believe that you would not want to look at both displays, consider your application and decide what matters more to you .

I decided on the Pio 503CMX and am very pleased with my purchase. That said, I think that the Panny is a great display and I would not argue with someone's decision to purchase it.

I do have to admit that from about 10-12 feet away (my viewing distance), the 50" display was a must.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.