AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, yeah. I hate how D* doesn't have it.

Travel Channel is a large well known channel (?) I would think D* would have it up by now.

Hey, people can still watch the SDTV counterpart and comment in this thread

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last night's episode when he visted San Franciso was ok.

I think seeing him eat 2lbs of ice cream made my stomach get a lil upset
It could have been the food I was currently eating at the time too.

The Travel Channel had no problems showing Adam pertaking an LSD trip? I thought that was a lil "PG-13"

·
Banned
591 Posts
I'd hate to get a look at this guy's arteries, or stomach lining (what's left of it). I don't care how lucky he may have been in the genetic lottery, he's got to be doing serious damage to himself with this show. Anything for fame, eh? But I do admit a certain fascination in watching him go through massive self-abuse for our viewing pleasure. And if I were there in one of those restaurants watching him go through one of those ordeals, I'd probably be one of the mob egging him on.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdrive /forum/post/17073976

I'd hate to get a look at this guy's arteries, or stomach lining (what's left of it). I don't care how lucky he may have been in the genetic lottery, he's got to be doing serious damage to himself with this show. Anything for fame, eh? But I do admit a certain fascination in watching him go through massive self-abuse for our viewing pleasure. And if I were there in one of those restaurants watching him go through one of those ordeals, I'd probably be one of the mob egging him on.

He's gonna end up looking like Fat Bastard.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Why do they still call The Revolting Food Channel, the "Travel Channel"?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My niece tried to turn me on to this show. I think it might be the most socially irresponsible thing on TV.

Also, a lot of the "food" they pass off is just bachelor food, only with larger portions.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I like the show - Adam is always entertaining with a load of enthusiasm larger than the portions he consumes. He has a personal trainer and works hard to counter the effects of his glorious gluttony.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts
Man v. Food was in Detroit last Sunday; Adam was challenged by the Guinness World Record Burger, weighing in at 185.6 lbs, at Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar. http://malliesbar.com/GBW.htm

I think he was supposed to have some help....

·
Registered
824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C /forum/post/16994461

Ha, yeah. I hate how D* doesn't have it.

Travel Channel is a large well known channel (?) I would think D* would have it up by now.

the travel channel's owned by comcast. that's why we don't have it.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisizer /forum/post/17143639

Wrong.

·
Registered
206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisizer /forum/post/17143639

Close, but...

Quote:
Launched in February of 1987, the Travel Channel is the only television network devoted exclusively to travel entertainment. The Travel Channel is a dedicated and trusted window on the world, bringing knowledge, insight and information to a community of people who want to experience their world and satisfy their curiosity.

Approaching travel as a life cycle, the Travel Channel is the cornerstone of Travel Channel Media, an integrated multi-platform travel business wholly owned by Cox Communications.
http://www.travelchannel.com/About/About_Us

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ken H, thanks for the info. Sounds cool, wonder if it’ll be broadcasted this season.

Tonight, Adam was visiting Honolulu. The 4lbs of pancakes seems like a hard one to win. I find it a bit crazy how Adam sometimes orders extra food/drinks to help him finish the challenge. I would think that more food would make the challenge harder.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C /forum/post/17151011

Ken H, thanks for the info. Sounds cool, wonder if it'll be broadcasted this season.

Tonight, Adam was visiting Honolulu. The 4lbs of pancakes seems like a hard one to win. I find it a bit crazy how Adam sometimes orders extra food/drinks to help him finish the challenge. I would think that more food would make the challenge harder.

Those real heavy-food stunts are hard to do. Like the 6lb. burrito.

I think he tried to balance the sugar with some salt to get his taste buds going, but the pancakes had to be extrememly heavy.

I think he slammed down 180 oysters in one show...

·
Registered
206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing /forum/post/17154462

Those real heavy-food stunts are hard to do. Like the 6lb. burrito.

I think he tried to balance the sugar with some salt to get his taste buds going, but the pancakes had to be extrememly heavy.

I think he slammed down 180 oysters in one show...

It was a 15 dozen challenge last year - (180) oysters.

Quote:
Season 1, Episode 10 - Aired: 1/28/2009

New Orleans

Adam takes on 15 dozen oysters at Acme's Oyster House.

And yes, the side items can help to balance out the meal. I think he did the same thing in the San Fran sundae challenge by ordering fries (salt) to balance out the sweet sugar of the ice cream. (which he won)

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good episode tonight titled "Sarasota"

That Yoder's fried chicken looked so good. Those sandwiches from Munchie's 420 Cafe looked crazy. They had liked 5 types of fried 'junk food' into one sandwich. Not sure how you eat that without being horribly messy.

The "Fire in your hole" wings were a bit much He had like 2 wings and called it quits! The sauce on those wings was wild.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.