AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marantz SR5006 as my base receiver with sources going to it and then outputting to the AD-8 and then looping to the AD-4 to manage all the zones. The Marantz connected speakers are for the home theater area in the basement while the speakers connected through the AD-8 and AD-4 from RTI are for zones around the house. While I can get audio through all the speakers, etc., my issue is volume control....

When I want to turn up volume to particular zones, I seem to always turn up volume on the Marantz as well....which then gets louder and louder in the basement....(oftentimes vibrating the basement)....where I want to be able to up the volume of the source that is feeding my outside speakers by patio, but not up the volume on the Marantz....

Thoughts about how to appropriately control this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a question into them....but wondered if there was something I can do...much of the programming I did with the person, but can't seem to figure out what the catch is....if you have thoughts, please pass along, otherwise will wait for my installer/programmer friend....

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
I would expect the 2nd zone pre-outs on the Marantz to be set as fixed output, with volume control happening at your RTI controllers. I haven't looked at the Marantz manual, but I assume it has that capability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts