AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My folks are about to buy a projection HDTV and I'm looking for some kind of FAQ/Guide on the net for manually calibrating the thing so I know what they're getting themselves into.

And where can I get one of these calibration DVDs and how much do they cost?

One thing I do know is that they aren't going to pay someone a couple hundred bucks every year to do this.

If BestBuy tries to sell a 4 year calibration service contract for 300 or so dollars, is this a good deal or a bad one (i.e., who's doing the calibration, some BB person, or an ISF certified guy?).

Any tips, pointers, advice, pitfall warnings etc. are more than welcome.

·
Registered
71 Posts
An AVIA test disc should be available at Best Buy, if not Amazon.com has them. Arount $40.00

The service plans DO NOT pay for calibration, they pay to return the set to FACTORY specs, which is no where near calibration.

Convergence is somthing that is acquired with patience. D a search here for the word, or on a web search, you will find some good help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also check Yahoo groups for your specific tv model, I found great How-To's there for my Sony. Manual convergence is the key to happiness....learn how to do it and you will thank yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.