AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night for the first time, I couldn't get the DVD to eject using the remote from the Samsung BD-D5500 Home Theater player.

Tried several times, DVD refused to eject. Then tried to using the front panel on DVD player... DVD still wouldn't eject.

I could shut the unit off, but same thing, DVD wouldn't eject.

Finally I turned it off , waited 5 minutes instead of turning it right back on, then it ejected.

My question is when I looked at the manual, all it said to do was what I did, turn it off, then try. That's it.

There was no way to get it out manually, like the other DVD players I've had using a paper clip and pushing it in a small hole to eject the DVD.

So, what am I do do if a DVD won't come out and that might happen someday?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well...Thanks for all the responses!

·
Registered
18,601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack54  /t/1423622/manual-ejection-of-dvd-from-the-samsung-bd-d5500-home-theater/0_20#post_22288454

Well...Thanks for all the responses!

Chill, jack54. No responses because it looks like you RTFM and figured it out. Maybe you should research a little further next time before you buy.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot  /t/1423622/manual-ejection-of-dvd-from-the-samsung-bd-d5500-home-theater#post_22293429

Chill, jack54. No responses because it looks like you RTFM and figured it out. Maybe you should research a little further next time before you buy.
A little late for that as I bought it Feb 15th.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack54  /t/1423622/manual-ejection-of-dvd-from-the-samsung-bd-d5500-home-theater#post_22286873

Last night for the first time, I couldn't get the DVD to eject using the remote from the Samsung BD-D5500 Home Theater player.

Tried several times, DVD refused to eject. Then tried to using the front panel on DVD player... DVD still wouldn't eject.

I could shut the unit off, but same thing, DVD wouldn't eject.

Finally I turned it off , waited 5 minutes instead of turning it right back on, then it ejected.

My question is when I looked at the manual, all it said to do was what I did, turn it off, then try. That's it.

There was no way to get it out manually, like the other DVD players I've had using a paper clip and pushing it in a small hole to eject the DVD.

So, what am I do do if a DVD won't come out and that might happen someday?
OK, this post was posted 8/7/12.

C'mon, it is time for some replies. Surely someone has had this problem I listed above.

·
Registered
18,601 Posts
Apparently not. Maybe you got a lemon. Have you tried calling Samsung or an authorized service center?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot  /t/1423622/manual-ejection-of-dvd-from-the-samsung-bd-d5500-home-theater#post_22545594

Apparently not. Maybe you got a lemon. Have you tried calling Samsung or an authorized service center?
Nope as it finally ejected the CD and been playing fine since. I just want to know what to do if it happens again. For an example, if I have a blockbuster CD in it like I did then, I need to get it out before sending the player in for service.

·
Registered
1 Posts

There is a semicircular hole in the bottom of the player. Unplug it from the power and run the wheel inside counterclockwise. This drives the eject mechanism manually similar to the spring-loaded or manual drives that one might be accustomed to having (via the pinhole at the front of many PC players).

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifegoezon  /t/1423622/manual-ejection-of-dvd-from-the-samsung-bd-d5500-home-theater#post_24631876

There is a semicircular hole in the bottom of the player. Unplug it from the power and run the wheel inside counterclockwise. This drives the eject mechanism manually similar to the spring-loaded or manual drives that one might be accustomed to having (via the pinhole at the front of many PC players).
Don't have this DVD player anymore as i got rid of it because of no replies on that problem. The last post was mine, 18 months ago!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked for me mostly

I wasn't sure if this was going to work. I have a very small screwdriver that I used in the semi-circle hole with the unit unplugged. At first, I didn't notice anything has happened. Then, I turned the player right side up and heard it rattling. I shook it and a hard it rattling more. I then used the same small screwdriver to open the front panel and the BluRay disc fell out.

When I say it worked mostly, I mean I was able to get my BluRay disc back but I still can't get the tray to open to put in a BluRay disc to play. I will chalk this experience up to a lesson learned - do not buy refurbished BluRay player in the future. This was the first disc I put into this Samsung BluRay player and it didn't play. Brand new BluRay disc I received in the mail yesterday.

Thanks for the tip about the semi circle hole! That is a keeper!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked for me mostly

I wasn't sure if this was going to work. I have a very small screwdriver that I used in the semi-circle hole with the unit unplugged. At first, I didn't notice anything has happened. Then, I turned the player right side up and heard it rattling. I shook it and a hard it rattling more. I then used the same small screwdriver to open the front panel and the BluRay disc fell out.

When I say it worked mostly, I mean I was able to get my BluRay disc back but I still can't get the tray to open to put in a BluRay disc to play. I will chalk this experience up to a lesson learned - do not buy refurbished BluRay player in the future. This was the first disc I put into this Samsung BluRay player and it didn't play. Brand new BluRay disc I received in the mail yesterday.

Thanks for the tip about the semi circle hole! That is a keeper!
What a useful tip! I thought I was going to have to take the whole thing apart!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts