AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have the hfs30 and was wondering if any of you guys know a "gadget" or accessory that I can attach or mount the camera to, to help with the small manual focus ring on the camera? Just found out that it takes a number of rotations before focusing properly on an object that I'd like to focus. Say from 10 inches to 10ft.

I'd like to know if there is such a device that exists to aid with it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Have you ever thought about getting the G10 instead? I mean it does have a traditional focusing ring. I understand you already have the S30 but if you can still return it, then it might not be a bad idea to spend a little more. I know that might not be the answer your looking for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I wont be able to return it. I got it for a really sweet deal and am pretty contented with it. I think the G10 would be overkill for my needs. Is there by any chance any device that can help with the small manual focus ring of the HFS30? I saw some pictures of those devices attached on a dslr, I'm not sure if a smaller version for it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can adjust manual focus from the touch screen. It's a lot easier to just press the screen. Theres probably some gadget that can fit to the outside of the focus ring like a big gear to make it faster. The devices on the dslr's might fit the s30. Try adjusting the settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.