AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get a tight budget and so plan to do the screen by myself. i search through the forum and reads of topic about the materials and paints.

However, most of the picture posted are a fixed screen (DIY screen) . Is it possible to do a manual pull down screen? How to do so? How about a motorized one? I need to buy a cheap one and replace the screen later?

look forward to hear from all your kindly help. thx

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i look through the site and just saw some projector screen for sale. do u mean the site sells spring rollers?

BTW, i live in hong kong and it doesn't easy to get these spring rollers. Any brand name can u recommended?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yipchunyu
i look through the site and just saw some projector screen for sale. do u mean the site sells spring rollers?

BTW, i live in hong kong and it doesn't easy to get these spring rollers. Any brand name can u recommended?
Usually Spring Rollers are manufactured with pull down blinds or other window treatments. I dont think they sell them seperate but you can look online for a manufacturer then ask if they could sell you one. You might be better off just buying a regular pull down screen because this DIY job may run into problems. YOu could make your own but you will need a lathe in order to make the spring which is the whole purpose. Sorry I could'nt help. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.