AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was in the 3.0 rollout thread from a user who had gotten the 3.0 download. Glad to hear it was a nasty rumor.

Sorry for the overreaction, I should know better, but since I have a ShowStopper (again, so aptly named), who knows when I see 3.0.

------------------

Matt

· Premium Member
315 Posts
turls:

What did you catalogue your 4DTV input as? I set mine as DirecTV and only enabled a few of the more obscure channels (so that theme/zone channels wouldn't pick things off of them). Selecting something from one of those channels switches to the 4DTV unit, after which of course I have to tune the darn thing manually. (Until we can get a single, uninterrupted IR sequence to move to a specific satellite/channel I don't think we'll be able to get ReplayTV to support us. Do you know if the 922 will support this?)

Anyway, if you've come up with a better way than this, I'd be delighted to hear it.

------------------

Ken

· Registered
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just read that I cannot choose to manually record a line level input with 3.0. This cannot be true, can it?

How could this have possibly been overlooked? One of the main advantages that ReplayTV has over Tivo is more line level inputs. And Tivo has been able to record from those line level inputs manually with timers for a long time!

I thought you guys hired former GI honcho Dorian Simpson. I thought he brought some 4DTV experience with him. What are us 4DTV big dish users supposed to do that were expecting this feature? The main reason I bought a ReplayTV was to timer record C band satellite. I was assured that timer recording was going to be available. I can still use the ReplayTV as a backup on my secondary DirecTV receiver and for recording OTA, but my main DirecTV unit is a DirecTivo, and I had planned it this way from the start.

Now that manual recording is checked off as an action item at ReplayTV central, how can I be at all optimistic that this oversight will be corrected any time soon?

This is absolutely unbelievable and extremely disappointing if true.

------------------

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.