AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Firehawk material be used on a manual pull down screen? I have a model B dalite $149 screen which works VERY well in my house BUT since it is matte white, the contrast is not great with my DLP. Ultimately wanting a grey screen optimized for InFocus LS110 DLP projector. Curious if anybody has found a way to get a high tech surface on a manual screen (painting excluded) - I don't mind paying more for a better screen material

but I don't need or want an electrical screen and $2000 is more than I want to invest in a screen.

Thanks in advance for any help on this...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tora,

The Firehawk is available from Stewart in a manual pull down -- the Luxus Communicator. I have had a 52" by 92" Luxus Communicator Firehawk for about two weeks now. I purchased it from AVS for the cheapest price I was able to find on the 'net or in the SF Bay Area.

It works great with my Hitachi SX5500W. I used to have the same screen you have and the Firehawk really improved the image, especially during daytime viewing in a not very well light controlled room.

I do not think you can have your Model B modified by replacing the material with Firehawk, but I could be wrong.

Good luck!

Bruce

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
The gray materials (by any company) are non-supported materials. That means that they need to be tensioned in order to not have serious curling issues. The only tensioned pull-down screen is the Communicator by Stewart. It is basically the same thing as the Model A Electriscreen, less the motor.

To answer your question, even if Dalite could replace the material in your Model B with the Firehawk, you would not be happy with the results.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.