AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody out there? Pink Floyd, sorry That has converted a manual pull down screen into an electric? rool down? All I really need is to know where to get an internal motor that mounts inside the tube and I can take it from there. Maybe this question has been asked before so I hope I,m not going over any old ground.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No DIY,s at all on this one? I would of thought someone might have been interested in this one, seeing the huge price difference between manuals and electric.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi

I've not done this either, however, it I was to consider it, I'd look at car dealers electric window winder motors. There may be something suitable as they have to sit in a small space. Of course, you may need Another Brick In The Wall to take the extra weight.

Good luck

Mick

·
Registered
103 Posts
I built my own electric screen from scratch, using gesso'ed artist canvass and an 8' long steel pole. I used a car window winder motor, though it was mounted at the end, not internal to the tube and acted as one of the end bearings.

Depending on your tube diameter, you could try an elctric drill/screwdriver motor. These are nicely in-line geared and reasonably small in diameter. I see that Kragen are offering an 18V model for around $30, which seems a good price.

Good luck

Andrew

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drill motor is an interesting idea, the outer shell could be the mounting platform. Also those cheap 12volt 14.4volt battery drill motors might work if you didn,t want any cords. I,m sure there,s something out there even better than this, but it should be doable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.