AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cable company has been going thru a digital upgrade for the past month. This affects each neighborhood at a different time and thus affects the linup of channels too. My ReplayTV only displays channel lineups for the old (pre-digital upgrade) services - I'm getting tired of checking the options in Setup to see if the new lineups are there yet. Is there any way to manually associate channels in the ChannelGuide?

·
Registered
246 Posts
there's no facility to do that. sorry.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
No "Official" RTV facility. However there does exist a hack to accomplish this. It does require you to remove the hard drive from the replay, install it in your PC, run extract_rtv to access a file, edit the file in a hex editor, write it back to the hd and restore the hd to the replay. And this is only good until the next time the channel lineup changes (which erases all your careful work.)

If you're not discouraged by the aforementioned, feel competent to the task, and are desperate enough (as I was to be able to use the guide with my direct cable connection where channels are almost never at their assigned locations) send me a private email and I'll be happy to fill in the details.

Sean Riddle was kind enough to share his knowledge of the inner workings of the system and I've added some automation to it to make it easier to accomplish. But I have to warn you, there is danger in these woods and you have to be very careful and meticulous to succeed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm sure this is a frequently requested feature.. it's unfortunate that there is no utilitity to do this - either on my.replaytv.com or via the unit's Setup screens. I'm not about to crack open my box yet so I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for AT&T/ReplayTV to update their channel guides. The machine is pretty much brain-dead until then. Anyone working on a 3rd-party channel guide API? Seems like ATI All-In-Wonder cards and SnapStream have the advantage in this respect..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.