·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to know of specific members experiences with

price japan on the marantz 12S1, such as, reliability of

units received, honoring replacing or repairing unit if

needed and what if any differences in the japan model marantz

as opposed to buying in the states, and finally is there really a 1-2 month wait on getting the units shipped to you??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about you michaelz where did you get yours from, what

was your experience and what did it cost you???

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Well, ********** is reliable and I have heard the wait is at least 4-6 weeks. My first Marantz had 12 rows of stuck pixels after 4-5 hours of use. Then the color wheel became out of sync, the remote sensor quit working, etc. etc. This unit got sent back and I got a new projector. This projector had the slight flicker. To me it is like the lamp would just barely dim for a second then brighten back up. Not a major problem at all just a minor annoyance. It seemed to be sporatic and I didn't even see it the last 20-30 hours I had projector. At a little over 100 hours I noticed a dead mirror/pixel in center of screen. I sent projector in to ********** for warranty service and 3-4 weeks later I was told it wouldn't be repaired. I told ********** this wasn't aceptable and they argued with me at first that this was Marantz's policy but finally Marantz said they would fix it and that is where it is at today.

I hope I have just had very bad luck with this projector. I absolutely love the image it puts out. I don't know how much shipping plays a part in the defects I have had. i would say on the first one it played a big role. With the second one I don't think it was a shipping problem.

I have stated I am going to sell the projector when I get it back but I think that surely my bad luck has to run out. Doesn't it? I would love to keep it but I am still unsure if it is worth the risk.

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.