Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I've not seen a recent thread about the flicker and wonder if it has been solved yet. I'm no longer considering purchasing the Marantz because of the problem (the reports of the light output changing ever few seconds are rather scary), but would like to put it back on my list if the problem has been solved.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
If it has been solved I have not heard about it. My flickering was solved after my original bulb blew and the new replacement bulb has not flickered (it has about 20 hours on the new bulb - knock on wood). I think others here are waiting for a fix or learning to live with it :(

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Maybe the factory bulbs are lower grade than the replacement bulbs.

Mike

·
Registered
917 Posts
Tim,

Although the flicker problem has not started on mine...yet...it is still an issue with many Marantz owners and Marantz has stated that it is still work in progress. If you're worried about jumping in, don't be. From what I've heard (the majority anyways), the problem really doesn't detract from the overall viewing experience. If you read between the lines from the little bit that Dan Miller has posted, it's probably a bad run of bulbs or just a bad type of bulb in general. Rest assured, a solution is on the horizon.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everybody -

Thanks for your input. I am indeed worried about 'jumpng in' before hearing an official word from Marantz that they will fix it. I'm hoping they will have the integrity to do a recall if it is needed to fix the problem.

Thanks again,

Tim

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just got mine from Japan and it is stunning! No flicker. I was nervous also, but figured I could ship it back and forth, and but a few dozen bulbs before meeting the US price.

I'm glad I jumed in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The flicker still exists after having it serviced by Marantz. I've had it for 1 week now and it doesn't seem to go away. I'll be speaking to Marantz again very soon.

Magnus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.