AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my understanding the Marantz 4500 and 5500 are available in the US markets, although I can't seem to find any offical etailer offereing them.. The one I can think of

hifi.com still has the 4400/5400 series,

Anyone know whats the hold up?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They are out. I saw some 4500 and 5500 at my local Marantz dealer a few days ago. They were still in their boxes as he just got a big Marantz shipment in.

Forgot to mention that Marantz does a real crappy job at updating their website.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
That seems to be uncommonly prevalent with AV manufactures. I think Denon and Onkyo are two of the better ones. The new Marantz, HK, and others don't seem to get added to the webstite till well after the new models have been delivered to dealers. I don't know if this is to keep from dampening the sales of the old ones, or is just a matter of priorities. Always seemed very strange to me, though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma
That seems to be uncommonly prevalent with AV manufactures. I think Denon and Onkyo are two of the better ones. The new Marantz, HK, and others don't seem to get added to the webstite till well after the new models have been delivered to dealers. I don't know if this is to keep from dampening the sales of the old ones, or is just a matter of priorities. Always seemed very strange to me, though.
Thanks for the input.

Its a bit upsetting because I'm ready for a new reciever now for my theater, as the current marantz is moving upstairs. I'd rather online and the main merchant which I know is authorized dealer of marantz, hifi.com is still pushing the 44xx series. Ugh, this is upsetting.. is there any other authorized dealers online?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stonepran
Thanks for the input.

Its a bit upsetting because I'm ready for a new reciever now for my theater, as the current marantz is moving upstairs. I'd rather online and the main merchant which I know is authorized dealer of marantz, hifi.com is still pushing the 44xx series. Ugh, this is upsetting.. is there any other authorized dealers online?
Yes, www.ac4l.com is the only authorized on-line Marantz dealer. They handle refurbs and, every once in a while, new units. I wouldn't expect them to have any of the x500 series until the end of the year, at the earliest, however.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by graphicguy
Yes, www.ac4l.com is the only authorized on-line Marantz dealer. They handle refurbs and, every once in a while, new units. I wouldn't expect them to have any of the x500 series until the end of the year, at the earliest, however.
Actually, www.hifi.com is an authorized online marantz dealer as well. They just don't have the x500 series in at all, I've been waiting months :(

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Marantz has finally added some info on the new models to their website; but it's still not complete (and doesn't include 8500).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.