Registered
405 Posts
When is it available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: UltraHD enthusiast

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm interested to see how the performance measures on Audiosciencereview. Would love to see at least a 100dB signal-to-distortion+noise ratio at 4Vrms on the XLR preouts. Denon's 8500H was able to pull off 100dB SINAD at 2Vrms from the RCA preouts. If this prepro hits it, I'd say it's the one to beat at this price point.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Only 11.2 processing unfortunately.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It looks like the SR7015 with the amps and larger PSU pulled out. Looks like the same chassis and video processing boards. You can probably just use the preouts on the SR7015 and get a similar result, and pay $200 less.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It looks like the SR7015 with the amps and larger PSU pulled out. Looks like the same chassis and video processing boards. You can probably just use the preouts on the SR7015 and get a similar result, and pay $200 less.
Probably?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Last one only did 11.2 processing. You have to move up to the 88xx series for 13 channel processing. It wouldn't surprise me they release the next gen here soon.

If you mean the AV8805 with HDMI 2.1 that is now scheduled for April 2021 at the earliest. Something like an AV8806 now looks like 2022.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
The Pre out section on the 7015 is rather pathetic....

·
Registered
915 Posts
I’ve been planning to upgrade my 7702 mkII with a 7706 when I do a 4K upgrade. I’m golfing there’s a review or two, just to make sure there’s nothing unexpectedly wrong with the 7706. Otherwise, I’m assuming it’s basically drop-in replacement for my 7702, but fully capable of 4K plus works with the Marantz app.

my only new question is if it’s worth looking beyond Marabtz at Anthem for ARC, as Audyssey is getting pretty long in the tooth.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Audyssey like everything else gets updated, if not with a different name but with with an increased processing power and filter density as DSP chips gets to be more powerful every year or so. Also the "Multi editor app" is said to be very useful and gives an extra layer of control over the built in "plug and play" scenario.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased an 8015 avr from Magnolia, but its been on back order for 3 weeks. Once I saw the 7706 dropped last week I quickly called my sales Magnolia rep and had my order switched. My delivery date is TBD. I'm told it could be weeks or months before it arrives. I'm impatiently waiting.

Now its time to figure out if I was the Marantz 5 channel amp or the emotiva xpa-5. I am only running 5.1 for now, but I plan to grow into 7.2.4.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Audyssey like everything else gets updated, if not with a different name but with with an increased processing power and filter density as DSP chips gets to be more powerful every year or so. Also the "Multi editor app" is said to be very useful and gives an extra layer of control over the built in "plug and play" scenario.
Is there info or reviews on this (or expected)? The impression from naming / marketing and quick searches and reviews I've found make it look like Audyssey is basically unchanged for 5+ years. (This isn't really a Marantz question, but it relates to considering a Marantz purchase I guess. :) )

·
Registered
456 Posts
I’ve been planning to upgrade my 7702 mkII with a 7706 when I do a 4K upgrade. I’m golfing there’s a review or two, just to make sure there’s nothing unexpectedly wrong with the 7706. Otherwise, I’m assuming it’s basically drop-in replacement for my 7702, but fully capable of 4K plus works with the Marantz app.

my only new question is if it’s worth looking beyond Marabtz at Anthem for ARC, as Audyssey is getting pretty long in the tooth.
I’m in a similar situation with the 7702mkII. Honestly for pretty much everything 4K related it’s still more that sufficient. I would like to have the flexibility the Audyssey app offers but still not enough to move the needle for me yet.

From what I’ve read Anthem should be announcing their AVM60 replacement in the next few months so I’m keen to wait for that before I pick my next upgrade.

·
Premium Member
89,635 Posts
Is there info or reviews on this (or expected)? The impression from naming / marketing and quick searches and reviews I've found make it look like Audyssey is basically unchanged for 5+ years. (This isn't really a Marantz question, but it relates to considering a Marantz purchase I guess. :) )
Correct.

·
Premium Member
89,635 Posts
I purchased an 8015 avr from Magnolia, but its been on back order for 3 weeks. Once I saw the 7706 dropped last week I quickly called my sales Magnolia rep and had my order switched. My delivery date is TBD. I'm told it could be weeks or months before it arrives. I'm impatiently waiting.

Now its time to figure out if I was the Marantz 5 channel amp or the emotiva xpa-5. I am only running 5.1 for now, but I plan to grow into 7.2.4.
AFAIK, the AV7706 won't be released until November.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts