AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,583 Posts
Can you link it ? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why does there seem to be such lack of interest in this player? Seems like Marantz hasn't sold many. With the 9600 coming soon I wonder if they have 9500 stock the might want to liquidate at a good disount. Anyone know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesma
Why does there seem to be such lack of interest in this player? Seems like Marantz hasn't sold many. With the 9600 coming soon I wonder if they have 9500 stock the might want to liquidate at a good disount. Anyone know?


I don't know about the discount issue with the 9600 coming.....


There isn't "lack of interest" per say, but I think it is a combination of things....with players like the Denon 3910 and SP1000 already out almost a year now, with better video and comparable (if not better) audio, and adding the fact that at this point many are holding off for HD DVD or Blu-ray players to start appearing, it doesn't bode well for marantz to have huge sales of these units (or 9600 for that matter, although it does have 1080p upscaling).....


for example, on the video side:
Quote:
Marantz DV-9500 Benchmark total score: 72/130 (This indicates a very competent score considering the difficulty of these tests, but there is definitely room for improvement.)
as opposed to say:
Quote:
Denon DVD-3910 Benchmark total score: 94/130 (This indicates a very solid player at this price point)
( http://www.audioholics.com/productre...910Review4.php )


These tests that audioholics does are similar to Secret's, but are based on Silicon Optix HQV tests


I personally think the Marantz players are suberb, but at this price point it is tough to take that one over the better video 3910 or better audio Sp1000.....but it does offer great balance (just like the 3910 and sp1000) and thus it gives those in the market another choice to contemplate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,583 Posts
"Live by the score, Die by the score", said by the blind man.


The interesting part is you don't even need a 9500 to outperform a Denon 3910 on video quality, just a 7600(on HDMI out) will do it. The price difference is more than US$500 here, which is very painful for some people to accept, especially those who already own the 3910.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac388
"Live by the score, Die by the score", said by the blind man.


The interesting part is you don't even need a 9500 to outperform a Denon 3910 on video quality, just a 7600(on HDMI out) will do it. The price difference is more than US$500 here, which is very painful for some people to accept, especially those who already own the 3910.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif ...no disprespect ac388, but where exactly in "video" does the 9500 (or better yet, the 7600 as you say... http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif ) surpass the 3910? where are your sources and your reviews of such statements?


listen man, I know you had a horrible experience with teh 2910, and you are still blindly going under the assumption that the 3910 is the same thing as the 2910 in video, but lets not misinform folks.....I also had a bad taste in my mouth with the 2910 when I first got it, but the 3910 turned all that around in a hurry.....I strongly urge to just go play with one if you can, and see for yourself....There is a reason why it has won the most accolades, and it is not just the stars being aligned properly...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesma
Audiorevolution has a review. The first complete review I've seen.
I get Audiorevolution emails also. It was a good 9500 review.


It bothers me that Audiorevolution very often is way late on reviewing items, the 9500 is about a month from being replaced with the 9600 which is supposed to have improvements over. Others items have been reviewed also a year after their release which is way late in the electronics industry. They need to get up on the front end of the product life cycle.


Kurtis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,439 Posts
Audiorevolution aren't the only ones late. The 9500 was just reviewed in the current UK mag Hi Fi News. But they at least mentioned in the review that the 9600 was coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Kevin is right....the current HiFi rag also has a review. I dont know why the reviews are coming late, but at least they are coming
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac388
"Live by the score, Die by the score", said by the blind man.


The interesting part is you don't even need a 9500 to outperform a Denon 3910 on video quality, just a 7600(on HDMI out) will do it. The price difference is more than US$500 here, which is very painful for some people to accept, especially those who already own the 3910.
Well, maybe with your display, but many would disagree with you in general (including Secret's, and I don't mean just the score).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif ...no disprespect ac388, but where exactly in "video" does the 9500 (or better yet, the 7600 as you say... http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/kekekegay.gif ) surpass the 3910? where are your sources and your reviews of such statements?


listen man, I know you had a horrible experience with teh 2910, and you are still blindly going under the assumption that the 3910 is the same thing as the 2910 in video, but lets not misinform folks.....I also had a bad taste in my mouth with the 2910 when I first got it, but the 3910 turned all that around in a hurry.....I strongly urge to just go play with one if you can, and see for yourself....There is a reason why it has won the most accolades, and it is not just the stars being aligned properly...
Have to disagree on this particular point....the Onkyo SP1000 has by far the most accolades with 11 glowing pro reviews with every single direct comparison having the Onkyo on top between it and the 3910.



So you go on loving your 3910.....but lets keep the facts straight ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earz
Have to disagree on this particular point....the Onkyo SP1000 has by far the most accolades with 11 glowing pro reviews with every single direct comparison having the Onkyo on top between it and the 3910.



So you go on loving your 3910.....but lets keep the facts straight ;)


hehe...what's up Greg? :D


you still owe me those "direct comparison" reviews and those links man! ;)......but yes, the onkyo as we have discussed is a monster. Just trying to keep ac388 from deteriorating the facts about the 3910= 2910 and so on....he is still on that.


so how is the sp1000 treating ya? still in Nirvana? yes, I am still loving and will continue to love my 3910...it has truly been a masterpiece in my setup. And speaking of awards, the 3910 just keeps piling it up (updated):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...44#post5234344

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo
hehe...what's up Greg? :D


you still owe me those "direct comparison" reviews and those links man! ;)......but yes, the onkyo as we have discussed is a monster. Just trying to keep ac388 from deteriorating the facts about the 3910= 2910 and so on....he is still on that.


so how is the sp1000 treating ya? still in Nirvana? yes, I am still loving and will continue to love my 3910...it has truly been a masterpiece in my setup. And speaking of awards, the 3910 just keeps piling it up (updated):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...44#post5234344

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/cool.gif
Any S&V review...has to be thrown out right off the bat. :D

All the info is in the Onkyo Pro review thread but I do my best to stay out of these types of threads as its usually not worth the effort.

Never seeing either Marantz player,I don't have a personal opinion on this comparison...but everything I have read...would leave me to believe that the 3910 as well as the SP1000 are both superior for video...with the 1000 being better for audio also.


I am still very happy with the 1000 paired with my Optoma H-78DC3.....but that will hopefully change when we see some form of HD player....at least for video ;)

All I have for comparison now is a Pany s97 which I use in another set up.


Have a great one SS

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,715 Posts
Question: Is the M9600 a replacement to the M9500, after barely a year out, or is it an addition to the product line?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,144 Posts
ya Greg, I saw an Integra 10.5 ( I think is the same thing as the SP1000 I believe) and the audio was just http://www.99smiles.com/awesome.gif ! The video (hooked up to a panny kirk dlp) was very nice too (I still preferred the details on the 3910 better, and the smoother edges/lack of jaggies)....I was very impressed. Nice Piece od machine I must say... if I had MB issues with my setup, I would be jumping on one of these!


Q, the 9600 is the replacement of the 9500....it will add 1080p, as well as address some of the video issues of the 9500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,439 Posts
Quote:
with every single direct comparison having the Onkyo on top between it and the 3910.
OK, how much does each cost? ;) The Onkyo *should* be a better player. But what about the lip sync issues?


9600 isn't out yet. I heard Oct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
What does the Marantz have to do with the freaking 3910 - SP1000 - 59AVI Jihad anyways? Can't it just be laid to rest? There should be a definitive argue thread where people can do it indefinitely, and people won't have to see it anymore. It's way tired.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top