AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I haven't posted on AVS in a long time but I find myself in need now that my Marantz SR 7200 receiver seems to have gone haywire 6 months after the 3 year warranty expired. Anyway, I really love the traditional Marantz sound. I haven't followed developments since the Denon merger. Can someone tell me if Marantz receivers are still separate and different from Denon and still have the sound that I love? If not, can anyone suggest a brand with similar sound?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes, Marantz still has their good music and sound in tact. Even though Marantz and Denon are held by the same parent company, from what I've seen and heard the 2 are still very separate and distinct beasts, especially in receivers. There might be some part sharing out there, but nothing big. A natural replacement for your 7200 would be the 7500, or even 8500 if you wanted to step up a little, and dependign upon features needed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, and the good news. Yes, I have already doenloaded the manuals for the 7500, the 8400 and the 5600. I notice that there are a couple of supposedly authorized dealers selling these units on ebay brand new at deep discounts. Any reason not to deal with these people?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
If Accessories 4 Less is one of them, then that's the only one I would whole-heartedly trust. They are an authroized Marantz dealer, and do sell a lot of Marantz refurbs, which many people have had good luck with. A lot of outfits say they are authorized, or that you'll get the warranty, but it's usually bunk. See if they are listed on Marantz' website first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.