AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise ref. Marantz sr7000/Dynaudio 72 or 82 combo.Will marantz sr7000 have enough for these speakers.Was planning on upgrading to dynaudio or Mirage om7 or om9.Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would i be better off w/the mirage OM7 or OM9.I'm trying to decide.Also not sure of either upgrading sr7000 to sr7200 or maybe get a 5 channel amp.Any suggestions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am using an all-Dynaudio setup with a Sunfire Cinema 5-channel amp, and an Acurus A 200 amp, driving a pair of Dynaudio A70's, a Dynaudio center channel speaker, and 2 pairs of A 40's using a Lexicon DC-1. The Dynaudio's can use a LOT of power (even the A 40's), so I would be hesitant to use a receiver to power the 72's or 82's. If you are interested, the Acurus A 200 amps are going for about $550 new through EBay auctions (that's what I paid for mine).

·
Registered
876 Posts
I believe you'll be better off with the Dynaudios but your ears have to make the decision. These are completely different speaker designs and I'm surprised that they are competing against one another. Good luck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I believe you'll need more power. I have the SR7000 and think it's a great rec.....but.....I would not try effectively driving those speakers with just the SR7000. Get an external amp. It'll be a great setup.

--Steve

·
Registered
130 Posts
Due to different design, the sound of Dynaudio is more "focus" and Mirage is more "surrond". I don't think SR7000 give justice to these speakers. If you like speakers change SR700 for top of the line receiver of Marantz (i.e. SR-14), but if you like sr7000 , give a listen for PSB speakers Image serie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.