AVS Forum banner

15201 - 15220 of 15658 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
I don't own a Marantz pre/pro or that horrible Windows 10 but this might be why Edge won't work for you guys.
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3334778/microsoft-windows/theres-a-newly-acknowledged-edge-local-ip-networking-bug-in-win10.html
Thanks for the info. This explains why I can't access my Netgear router setup using the Edge browser either.

Something strange is going on with the Windows 10 Edge Browser. When I enter the Marantz IP address, the browser stops responding. I tried Internet Explorer and Chrome on Win 10, and both bring up the 8802a web interface. Safari on my iPad works as well. No clue as to why Edge is having difficulties.

@steady teddy, to ping the 8802a open a Command Prompt window and type in "Ping xxx.xxx.x.xxx", where the x's represent the 8802a's IP address. The ping should result in a response as shown in the first screen shot below. If the Ping fails, try the Trace Route command by opening a Command Prompt window and typing in "Tracert xxx.xxx.x.xxx", replacing the x's with the proper IP address. The second screen shot shows the result of the Trace Route command, which shows one "hop" to get from my workstation to the 8802a. If either command fails, post a screenshot.

BTW, the 8802a's IP address should be something like "192.168.x.xxx". If it isn't, unplug the network connection for a moment, and then plug it back in. This will refresh the 8802a's IP address, then look in the network menu to see what the IP address is.

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
I will also point out that now manually entering the IP address of the 8802A is no longer working any any of my devices.

After clearing my cache in Edge, the saved Web Control setup is no longer working.

**EDIT** Clearing cache in Mozilla made no difference and I have a clean install of Chrome on both PCs just to see if Web Control would work.

Only the old saved bookmark I had is working on my desktop & laptop for Chrome & Mozilla. Manually entering the IP address on my iPhone or iPad is not working either. This is the screen I get after I enter the IP address:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I will also point out that now manually entering the IP address of the 8802A is no longer working any any of my devices. ...

Sounds like some network issue, I'd suggest rebooting everything, starting with the main router, then all the other gear.

As for Edge I also tested and it does not load in that browser. Works like a champ in Chrome, which is why Chrome is my main browser on Windows OSs.
@Mark1000
This method of reaching the web interface was lost last year after a Windows 10 update. Don't know why, but just doesn't work anymore.

Did you try to connect through Explorer/Network?
True, it used to work in spring of '18, and no longer works now. Not even via command line. I've added a comment to my earlier post.
Silly of MS to kill a usability feature.

BTW- the 'marantz-av8802.local' name is derived from the 'Friendly name' in the Network setup section of the 8802, so you could name your unit "AVmaster" and you can address it as 'avmaster.local' on iOS or Apple Safari.
Basically, friendly name = network hostname, and if using DHCP, the DHCP lists on your router will show that name as well.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sounds like some network issue, I'd suggest rebooting everything, starting with the main router, then all the other gear.
Fixed!

I rebooted my router and also unplugged the 8802A for 10 minutes. I can access Web Control by manually entering the IP address on all devices including the Edge browser now. I'm not going to clear my cache any more. :eek:
The first thing I did this morning was update the firmware on my router, which of course required a reboot, but it appears another reboot and/or the soft reset on the Marantz has it working.

Thanks to everyone for their help! Web Control is a necessity for me as I cannot use the Marantz remote since all of my AV equipment is in a closet in another room.

Thanks again.:)

Reactions: JonFo and alebonau

·
Registered
824 Posts
Got a prompt for a general firmware update, and downloaded it today. Was something recently released, if so what were the changes?

Is it recommended to do a new Audyssey sweep after a firmware update?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Fixed!

I rebooted my router and also unplugged the 8802A for 10 minutes. I can access Web Control by manually entering the IP address on all devices including the Edge browser now. I'm not going to clear my cache any more. :eek:
The first thing I did this morning was update the firmware on my router, which of course required a reboot, but it appears another reboot and/or the soft reset on the Marantz has it working.

Thanks to everyone for their help! Web Control is a necessity for me as I cannot use the Marantz remote since all of my AV equipment is in a closet in another room.

Thanks again.:)

Glad you got it working.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts
Got a prompt for a general firmware update, and downloaded it today. Was something recently released, if so what were the changes?

Current FW is 6461-9161-5235-01, which has been around for quite some time.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

no need to re run audyssey post updates :)

though id recommend down loading a current profile via the web interface....

always good to image back the marantz with all system setting and audyssey profile as had it.... if ever have to do a full system reset or something :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
no need to re run audyssey post updates :)

though id recommend down loading a current profile via the web interface....

always good to image back the marantz with all system setting and audyssey profile as had it.... if ever have to do a full system reset or something :)

Tell me more about profile configurations via the web interface? No idea this feature ever existed!

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts
Tell me more about profile configurations via the web interface? No idea this feature ever existed!
Let me translate, and he can correct me if I am wrong. I think he is talking about using the web interface to initiate a “save” of the current settings in the 8802a, including the Audyssey calibration, to a file on your computer. The saved configuration can then be re-loaded if, for example, you ever need to do a processor reset. If you are unfamiliar with the network load/save capability, I can provide a link.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
just pop into network information, copy the IP address of the marantz into your browser (just dont use safari all rest work) and will see the web interface, which can use to download your current marantz setup which includes your audyssey profile. Well worth doing :)

I do it regularly so have a downloaded setup prior to updates and then download again post updates .... just in case something happened. have ready and waiting incase need to refresh the unit :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
just pop into network information, copy the IP address of the marantz into your browser (just dont use safari all rest work) and will see the web interface, which can use to download your current marantz setup which includes your audyssey profile. Well worth doing :)
Any other trick involved in doing this? When I try, all that I see is the following image and the IP address automatically adds /SETUP/NETWORK/WBS/f_network_setting_dhcp.asp to the IP address. I tried both Firefox and Chrome.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any other trick involved in doing this? When I try, all that I see is the following image and the IP address automatically adds /SETUP/NETWORK/WBS/f_network_setting_dhcp.asp to the IP address. I tried both Firefox and Chrome.

Pop-up blocker?

I just tried and was able to access my config immediately with Firefox - AFTER I disabled Adblock Plus. However, the save config never did save, waited 30 minutes and still just showed saving on the front of the unit. I guess I need to do a network reset?

EDIT: tried a network card reset, no dice for saving with Firefox. Did the same for IE. Why won't my configuration file actually save? :frown:

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
Are you using NoScript or an equivalent anti-scripting filter or ad blocker in your browsers? D&M's Web interface needs to be able to run scripts in your browser, so you should allow scripting for Web addresses on your local home network.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Pop-up blocker?

I just tried and was able to access my config immediately with Firefox - AFTER I disabled Adblock Plus. However, the save config never did save, waited 30 minutes and still just showed saving on the front of the unit. I guess I need to do a network reset?

[/B][/U]
Are you using NoScript or an equivalent anti-scripting filter or ad blocker in your browsers? D&M's Web interface needs to be able to run scripts in your browser, so you should allow scripting for Web addresses on your local home network.
Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm running a clean Firefox install with no Adblockers, but IP Control setting is on “Always On”. I'll try AustinJerry's point of switching it to "Off in Standby" to see if that addresses the issue later today.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just tried the Off in Standby for IP Control, triple checked Firefox pop-up blocker was off, no non-script extensions or any extensions have been installed, andI'm still getting the same blank page when I access the IP address, (yes triple checked the IP address as well).

Any other ideas guys?

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts
Just tried the Off in Standby for IP Control, triple checked Firefox pop-up blocker was off, no non-script extensions or any extensions have been installed, andI'm still getting the same blank page when I access the IP address, (yes triple checked the IP address as well).

Any other ideas guys?
Try it from your mobile phone or tablet. You won’t be able to save the configuration from a mobile device, but you can at least see if the web interface will display properly.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,950 Posts
I just tried the network save to verify it still is working for me. I first launched the Save command from my Windows desktop using Internet Explorer. I then proceeded to do some other things on the desktop and after almost 20 minutes, I was not getting the prompt to save the configuration file. I have seen this behavior before, and think that leaving the computer in a completely "quiet" state is important for receiving the file save prompt.

So, I tried it on my laptop, and left the laptop sitting there with the IE screen displayed and not doing anything else while I waited. The save completed within 9 min and 30 sec, and I received the file save prompt as shown in the attachment. So, leaving the computer in a quiet state seems to be important.

I have not tried Firefox, and we know Edge is currently unable to browse local IP addresses. So try IE, and leave the computer alone while the save is in progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
Try it from your mobile phone or tablet. You won’t be able to save the configuration from a mobile device, but you can at least see if the web interface will display properly.
Yep! Displaying fine on my tablet using the generic 'internet' browser! Now, what the frack is up with my computer browsers?!? I've tried Chrome, Firefox on both Mac and PC as well as IE on the PC, all displaying a rather blank page.

EDIT
[nevermind] After accessing with the tablet, now it's displaying properly with my computer browsers! Go effing figure!

15201 - 15220 of 15658 Posts