AVS Forum banner

15601 - 15620 of 15645 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it’s like my 8801, need to unplug preamp from mains. That 100% of the time fixes remote network connectivity issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,875 Posts
If it’s like my 8801, need to unplug preamp from mains. That 100% of the time fixes remote network connectivity issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By "mains", do you mean the speakers? How could the speakers be affecting app connectivity? :confused:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Damn. I just tested mine. No sign of the Marantz on the network. Not on Airplay or DaRemote or the iOS official Marantz app. Will try unplugging the unit.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
DeRemote is working for me. Mine wasn’t working awhile back. I had to go into DeRemote and deleted device and redo automatic configuration. It’s worked ever since.
Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
I have an interesting issue that just popped up

I thought my old Sherbourn amp had a bad channel as I was receiving no sound out of the right front

I came to that process of elimination by changing the cables around
Decided I didn't want to fix the amp so I bought one of the new Monolith 7X

Connected everything and now no sound out of the left front wide channel....WTF?!
Did all the changing of cables and speakers and determined it was the 8802

Did a hard reset and still no sound from the left front wide

Any ideas?

This is making me think there was nothing wrong with my multichannel Sherbourn amp after all

I have using XLR connection and have them all as well as the speaker connections and everything is good ..connection wise

Warren

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just discovered that both the Marantz AVR and Marantz Remote apps (Android) no longer recognize my AV8802A. The setup menu still works via web browser, so not a network issue. I wonder if Marantz is already starting to give up support for the AV8802... or perhaps the apps are just broken. I'm running the latest versions on both apps.
I’ve had this issue crop up in the past. Both times it was my router, specifically the power supply to the router.

Try simply removing the 8802A from the connected device table in the router, reset the router, let the 8802A reconnect to the router, then give it a static i.p. address in the device table.

If it continues to not be detected or detected sporadically by the remote app, the power supply on the router “might” be showing early signs of failure. As it begins to go out, the first things affected are the Wi-Fi bands, which would affect the connection or “Detection” of the 8802A in the app. It will seem like the connection is fine on your phone or other Wi-Fi devices, but that’s the fix that has worked each time. Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
^
Thanks for the tips. :) The apps are working again but a little sluggish. All my A/V equipment is hard wired and I do have them all set up with static IP's. I only use WiFi with my laptop and tablet and I have not noticed any loss in performance on my laptop... but I will keep an eye on it and perhaps run some speed tests on the laptop.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
I have an interesting issue that just popped up

I thought my old Sherbourn amp had a bad channel as I was receiving no sound out of the right front

I came to that process of elimination by changing the cables around
Decided I didn't want to fix the amp so I bought one of the new Monolith 7X

Connected everything and now no sound out of the left front wide channel....WTF?!
Did all the changing of cables and speakers and determined it was the 8802

Did a hard reset and still no sound from the left front wide

Any ideas?

This is making me think there was nothing wrong with my multichannel Sherbourn amp after all

I have using XLR connection and have them all as well as the speaker connections and everything is good ..connection wise

Warren
UPDATE

Shipped the 8802a off to United Radio( at Marantz's suggestion).....been about 3 weeks now
It took them a week to even look at it

They said no issues found. I told them how I had it connected( for the last 3 years) and to make sure they tested the XLR outputs
They told me they did and said no issues found

OK?....So I said when will you be sending it back
They said tomorrow. That was a week ago..LOL
Now they tell me it needs go through quality control....
OK?....and its been sitting there for a week and I wonder what has happened in the past week. I assume nothing

So..unimpressed at this time because I am betting when I get it back it will have the same issue as when I sent it in
If that happens ...think I am done with it ( and D&M)

I get the poor/limited customer service is how they can sell products at the prices they do...but still not liking the situation at all

Whatever I end up with I have the band new Monolith 7 amp to connect it to...

Warren

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,875 Posts
Sorry for your experience, but I suspect the pandemic is affecting service turn-around times for many companies. If they indeed found no issues with the channel, there is the possibility that shipping the unit caused an intermittent connection to start working. Good luck.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Forgive me if you have already eliminated this as a possible cause. Try a different speaker to make sure that there is not something wrong with the speaker or its crossover. Good luck. Also you say it is the wide channel. Make sure that you are playing something that has output for that channel. Again apologize if you have already done all this.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Sorry for your experience, but I suspect the pandemic is affecting service turn-around times for many companies. If they indeed found no issues with the channel, there is the possibility that shipping the unit caused an intermittent connection to start working. Good luck.
Got it back...Left height channel still not working just like when I shipped it to them

I swapped some cables around as I did before to test the left height speaker
Its fine when connected to the left main speaker wires
Connected to a brand new Monolith 7 amp

Funny thing is right before this I was having issues with the left front channel. I "assumed" it was the old Sherbourn amp I had had for 13-14 years and I bought a new amp

Now .I suspect that the Sherbourn amp was fine and it was the 8802a all the time. Just dont understand how intermittent channels could go

Terrible experience here on all fronts. Cant get through to Marantz customer service at all
I will reach out to United Radio again on Monday and see what they say and then if nothing I guess I am done with the Marantz 8802

Warren

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,875 Posts
Got it back...Left height channel still not working just like when I shipped it to them

I swapped some cables around as I did before to test the left height speaker
Its fine when connected to the left main speaker wires
Connected to a brand new Monolith 7 amp

Funny thing is right before this I was having issues with the left front channel. I "assumed" it was the old Sherbourn amp I had had for 13-14 years and I bought a new amp

Now .I suspect that the Sherbourn amp was fine and it was the 8802a all the time. Just dont understand how intermittent channels could go

Terrible experience here on all fronts. Cant get through to Marantz customer service at all
I will reach out to United Radio again on Monday and see what they say and then if nothing I guess I am done with the Marantz 8802

Warren
Depending on whether you have a digital volt-meter, you could check to see if there is output voltage on that connection. It is hard for me to believe that a professional service organization found no issue with the channel and it is still not working for you. There must be an explanation.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Depending on whether you have a digital volt-meter, you could check to see if there is output voltage on that connection. It is hard for me to believe that a professional service organization found no issue with the channel and it is still not working for you. There must be an explanation.
Oh,there is an explanation. The unit is broken..LOL

I cant imagine that they didnt connect it by XLR and run test tones..or they should have anyway
I connected and right away same issue was there that I sent it in for

I am going to call Monoprice tomorrow and ask them some questions about the amo just to be 1000% percent sure
According to the owner's manual they have 7 day customer service!!...and D&M appears to have none at the moment.:mad:
At this point I have wasted $80 in shipping/diagnosis and about a month without the 8802a

Warren

·
Registered
392 Posts
So that I understand what you are experiencing. When you go into manual mode where you can adjust the levels associated with each speaker, you will get a tone and either accept it or change it. So what I hear you saying is that you get a test tone for all the speakers except the Left Height Speaker. You verified the speaker is working by hooking it up to the main left output. So you know for sure it is not the speaker. Have you tried to take the left Height Speaker wire and connect it to another speaker to verify there is no sound. If so then that suggests that the left height speaker output is not functional. The next question is to insure that there are no settings that can be changed during setup that would impact that channel. As they say if you can eliminate everything else then what remains is probably the culprit. Have you tried not using the XLR for the left height speaker and instead use the PreAmpRCA cables to the amp. Does that make a difference? If it were to work then you would know that it was the XLR interface and not the internal pre amp. If you get no tone then that channel is bad. They may have tested the Pre Amp output to the amplifier only. Keep us advised.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A8802 Randomly turns off - on

I'm having an intermittent issue where some days my AV8802 will randomly turn off and immediately turn back on again. This happens repeatedly for several minutes and I eventually give up trying to use it. Other days it will work fine. I've changed the power cable and tried plugging it into different outlets and two different power conditioners but it still happens. Any suggestions other than find a service center?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

·
Premium Member
87,928 Posts
I'm having an intermittent issue where some days my AV8802 will randomly turn off and immediately turn back on again. This happens repeatedly for several minutes and I eventually give up trying to use it. Other days it will work fine. I've changed the power cable and tried plugging it into different outlets and two different power conditioners but it still happens. Any suggestions other than find a service center?

Thanks in advance!

Phil
Try first doing a soft reset by simply putting the AVP into standby mode and unplugging the power cable for 10 minutes.

If no joy, then refer to "Resetting Factory Settings" in your Owner's manual.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Try first doing a soft reset by simply putting the AVP into standby mode and unplugging the power cable for 10 minutes.

If no joy, then refer to "Resetting Factory Settings" in your Owner's manual.
Save your configuration file on a flash/USB drive before you do a reset just in case it doesn't fix the problem.

·
** Man of Leisure **
22,875 Posts
15601 - 15620 of 15645 Posts