AVS Forum banner

3381 - 3400 of 5539 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Hello

How do I get the flat Audyssey curve to work?
I have calibrated with the app and uploaded the file to the processor
but when I choose the flat curve in the setup the sound disappears
and it becomes completely silent.
The only thing that works is Audyssey reference or off.
Resend the calibration file to the 8805 then check Audyssey results in the 8805 to confirm you have both;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Suggestions for Ethernet problems? I can’t get my 8805 to the internet with the Ethernet port. Cables work, no issues with Comcast or blue ray player. I’m am running a splitter but suspect the port stopped working. Have done both network and factory reset. Can use wireless but had used Ethernet till last update?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Suggestions for Ethernet problems? I can’t get my 8805 to the internet with the Ethernet port. Cables work, no issues with Comcast or blue ray player. I’m am running a splitter but suspect the port stopped working. Have done both network and factory reset. Can use wireless but had used Ethernet till last update?

Did the splitter work before the last update?
Have you tried connecting the Ethernet cable to the Marantz without the one going to Blu-ray player or trying the one from your Blu-ray player?

I don’t think a Splitter will provide network connection to both at the same time so you would be better off with a switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
For the record - EE has little to nothing to do with sound. Thats like saying Bill Nye the Science Guy is some sort of benchmark in the field when his background is ME.

Also, doubling the rated input/output of anything equals trouble in nearly any electrical circuit.

I'd expect a dedicated 2 chan DAC to outperform a prepro. The problem with dedicated dacs - they are dumb and obsolete because of being dumb in a year or 2.. making them worthless.

I'd like to see a prepro with a dedicated AK4497 or AK4499 for each channel, but that won't likely ever happen.

Lastly, I can't seem to find ANY other pre/pro tested - which kind of makes a comparison to anything null.
All this handwaving and crying over a few weak measurements is both without substance and embarrassing on your part. You keep getting your facts wrong in a attempt to discredit Amir. Take the honest and factual information provided as either valuable to you or not and move on. As I said, the audibility of the measurements is quite debatable, but the numbers are accurate. I currently own the less expensive AV7703, it sounds fantastic to me and I am in no way threatened by the numbers in the review, you shouldn't be either.

Once again you need to do your homework.
Amir measured the Denon AVR-4306. He also presented a overview of a Onkyo AVR which he originally wrote as a article for Widescreen Review Magazine. You did notice he's a Contributing Editor for them didn't you?
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-denon-avr-4306.5087/

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/inside-of-an-audio-video-receiver-avr.7/

Blumlein 88 also measured a Marantz AV7701 for ASR. It's one that I sold to him after a few years of stellar performance here.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/marantz-avr-7701-dac-measurements.3485/

Interestingly the numbers aren't that far off the 8805?.

Best Regards and cent' anni,
Sal

·
Registered
375 Posts
Did the splitter work before the last update?
Have you tried connecting the Ethernet cable to the Marantz without the one going to Blu-ray player or trying the one from your Blu-ray player?

I don’t think a Splitter will provide network connection to both at the same time so you would be better off with a switch.

Yes it worked before the update, yes I tried the other cables and they don’t work with the 8805 but do work with the blue ray.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Yes it worked before the update, yes I tried the other cables and they don’t work with the 8805 but do work with the blue ray.

Might want to try eliminating the splitter temporarily and connect Ethernet directly to the Marantz then reboot the router and Marantz just to try and confirm if there is an issue is with the Marantz.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it possible to connect two separate amplifier channels simultaneously to the unbalanced and balanced pre-amp outputs of a single speaker type, say Front Heights, and have only one be active in ATMOS playback and the other active in AURO playback; using the AMP ASSIGN feature?

Could this be used to have an Overhead speaker layout for ATMOS and a Front/Rear Height speaker layout for AURO?

Or am I just being overly optimistic and speaker-hungry?
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it possible to connect two separate amplifier channels simultaneously to the unbalanced and balanced pre-amp outputs of a single speaker type, say Front Heights, and have only one be active in ATMOS playback and the other active in AURO playback; using the AMP ASSIGN feature?

Could this be used to have an Overhead speaker layout for ATMOS and a Front/Rear Height speaker layout for AURO?

Or am I just being overly optimistic and speaker-hungry?
Thanks

Not possible. Don’t understand why you think there’s a benefit switching amps??? But I might just be confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
60 Posts

Ethernet splitters are flaky. Get rid of it and see if the 8805 works. You may have to reset the Ethernet.
If it works, then you know it may have been the splitter. Invest in a 5 port switch instead.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ethernet splitters are flaky. Get rid of it and see if the 8805 works. You may have to reset the Ethernet.
If it works, then you know it may have been the splitter. Invest in a 5 port switch instead.

I actually have a 5 port switch but still took your advice. Unbelievable but 2 of the ports won’t work with the 8805. Up and running again. Thanks for the help, streaming some killer tunes as I type!

·
Registered
9 Posts
First post here, not even sure if I'm doing it right. LOL! I just hooked up my 8805 about a week and a half ago and I have a ton of questions. This thing does more than I could ever imagine. After calibrating the system with Audyssey it sounds freaking amazing! However, I find that the bass is lacking a little bit. I read that a lot of people kick up the bass about 3db or so to their liking. There are a few areas to increase the bass I'm not sure which one to use. What do you recommend? Tia.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
88,046 Posts
First post here, not even sure if I'm doing it right. LOL! I just hooked up my 8805 about a week and a half ago and I have a ton of questions. This thing does more than I could ever imagine. After calibrating the system with Audyssey it sounds freaking amazing! However, I find that the bass is lacking a little bit. I read that a lot of people kick up the bass about 3db or so to their liking. There are a few areas to increase the bass I'm not sure which one to use. What do you recommend? Tia.
Subwoofer Level Adjust: change here becomes the current subwoofer setting for all sources (this setting now mirrors the Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones - Subwoofer setting)

Option - Channel Level Adjust - Subwoofer: change here does not change the above setting, but rather is applied to the above setting but only for the specific source that is selected.

So for example, if the current subwoofer setting after running Audyssey is -6dB, most owners will want to increase that a few dB using the Subwoofer Level Adjust to say about -1dB which then would apply to all sources. If you then want to increase/decrease that setting for a specific source you would use the Channel Level Adjust setting. So if set to -2dB for the CBL/SAT source, with the previous -1dB Subwoofer Level Adjust setting, the actual value for that source would be -3dB (ie. -1dB reduced by -2dB to -3dB).

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I play a CD on my Oppo 203 that's connected to my 8805 via HDMI, no music plays until I turn on my TV! The TV is connected via the Monitor2 input (non-ARC) and the HDMI Control and ARC are both set to Off.

This is annoying. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
88,046 Posts
When I play a CD on my Oppo 203 that's connected to my 8805 via HDMI, no music plays until I turn on my TV! The TV is connected via the Monitor2 input (non-ARC) and the HDMI Control and ARC are both set to Off.

This issue presents from time to time depending on the TV and source device in the HDMI chain. You may want to consider adding an HDMI switch/splitter between the AVP and the TV so the EDID information from the TV is copied to the splitter/switch and the AVP sees it without the TV having to be powered on.

·
Registered
411 Posts

I have the same issue with my Sony TV. My solution was to start with the TV on, and then if I don't want a visual, I use the Pic Off function in the Sony. This keeps the HDMI chain intact, but no image.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have the same issue with my Sony TV. My solution was to start with the TV on, and then if I don't want a visual, I use the Pic Off function in the Sony. This keeps the HDMI chain intact, but no image.
Same here, when I play a music only BD it insists on turning on my Sony TV. I'm also using Pic Off as a work around. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Switch to 7.1 Analog Inputs

I an currently running a set of 7.1 analog cables from an Oppo unit to the Marantz 7.1 Analog Inputs. How does one switch to the 7.1 Inputs via remote control or on the Front Panel of the unit. The only way I have found how to do this is either via the Marantz web interface or directly within Marantz settings. Both methods totally inconvenient ...
Thanks

·
Premium Member
88,046 Posts
I an currently running a set of 7.1 analog cables from an Oppo unit to the Marantz 7.1 Analog Inputs. How does one switch to the 7.1 Inputs via remote control or on the Front Panel of the unit. The only way I have found how to do this is either via the Marantz web interface or directly within Marantz settings. Both methods totally inconvenient ...
Thanks
If you are using HDMI as well from the Oppo (which the vast majority of owners likely prefer as doing so allows Audyssey to be enabled while using the 7.1 inputs disables Audyssey), then set up another source name for the Oppo (eg. DVD) and select the INPUT MODE = 7.1 CH IN which should then be remembered when you select that source.

3381 - 3400 of 5539 Posts