AVS Forum banner

5521 - 5540 of 5709 Posts

·
Premium Member
88,565 Posts
So basically just run the audyssey and then go back and set speakers to small and set the crossovers to my desired level, simple enough.

Interestingly I was just down there setting up a 60 hz tone to run (through YouTube on my Xbox) so I can give my new subs some break in work. And I noticed that my fronts were also playing the 60 hz tone. I've set them to small with an 80 hz xover. Thebass setting in the AVP is set TO LFE and not LFE + main. So why would the fronts be playing anything when their xover is set to 80 🤔

Of course I'm supposed to be working from home, but it's been 3 years since packing up all my equipment and now that it's all out and hooked up I want to play haha.
1. The speaker crossover is not a brick wall setting, rather it ramps off starting at 80Hz (in your use case).
2. Not also the LFE/LFE+MAIN are "subwoofer" settings and have nothing to do with the Front L/R speakers.

·
Vendor
27,101 Posts
OK perfect. I want what you have. Can you give a rough estimate on what all this protection costs - material + labor?

My electrician is excellent but don't think he's at this level. So why don't you come up here and help me out. Big Canoe to Long Island is an easy commute.
Just remember, a surge passes thru HDMI cables as well.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Network control of the 8805 via the Harmony hub?

Hey folks,

I searched through this thread, and while I see folks talking about positioning IR repeaters from their Harmony hub to control their 8805, I didn't see any mention of folks being able to control the processor via the network.

I'm able to do this with my (slightly older) Denon receiver, which is really nice in that there isn't the pain of setting up IR blasters and seems to be a bit more reliable.

While I'm able to use the separate Marantz app to control the processor, I haven't been able to get that to work with the Harmony (scanning the network for devices finds a bunch of my stuff, just not the Marantz).

Anybody successfully control their 8805 with their Harmony via the network?

Thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hey folks,

I searched through this thread, and while I see folks talking about positioning IR repeaters from their Harmony hub to control their 8805, I didn't see any mention of folks being able to control the processor via the network.

I'm able to do this with my (slightly older) Denon receiver, which is really nice in that there isn't the pain of setting up IR blasters and seems to be a bit more reliable.

While I'm able to use the separate Marantz app to control the processor, I haven't been able to get that to work with the Harmony (scanning the network for devices finds a bunch of my stuff, just not the Marantz).

Anybody successfully control their 8805 with their Harmony via the network?

Thanks!
Tim
They locked down the 8805 as far as the option controlling it via the network. That was one of the first differences I noticed coming from the 8802a.

Reactions: alebonau

·
Registered
48 Posts
2 days ago some kind of lightening generated surge fried a number of my components including 8500. I don't know exactly what is damaged. It lights up but any source plugged into its HDMI ports doesn't work.

So i have to send it in for repair. Fortunately i have an 8802a that was also repaired (2 years ago) and i never got around to selling on eBay. Procrastination works!

Question: should i hold onto my burnt 8500 until the 2.1 upgrade is available and then unit can be repaired AND upgraded at same time? Will they do that?

And who is they? Is Sound United the company that handles this?

Thanks so much.
This happened to my 7705 a few months ago. There was a lightning surge that took out a few things at home. The unit would come on, but there was no sound. Try doing a processor reset and see if that works. You will have to set it up again if you did not save your configuration.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have another question after playing with the Marantz some more. I’m running the Audyssey set up and then going back and manually turning all of my speakers to small and utilizing the crossovers for each speaker. I have noticed in the manual set up there is a sound level adjustment, however if you hit the option button on the remote it brings up a short overlay menu with a “Channel Level Adjust” option. When I select this option, the levels do not reflect what is in the manual level set in the set up menu. I do know that if I adjust the levels in either location that it indeed adjusts the levels (I tested). I don’t understand why the levels in the “Channel Level Adjust” option menu do not match the levels in the manual set up -> channel levels?

·
Premium Member
88,565 Posts
Have another question after playing with the Marantz some more. I’m running the Audyssey set up and then going back and manually turning all of my speakers to small and utilizing the crossovers for each speaker. I have noticed in the manual set up there is a sound level adjustment, however if you hit the option button on the remote it brings up a short overlay menu with a “Channel Level Adjust” option. When I select this option, the levels do not reflect what is in the manual level set in the set up menu. I do know that if I adjust the levels in either location that it indeed adjusts the levels (I tested). I don’t understand why the levels in the “Channel Level Adjust” option menu do not match the levels in the manual set up -> channel levels?
Manual Setup volume adjustments apply globally across all sources while the Option - Channel Level Adjust settings are in addition to the Manual Setup setting and apply only to the specific source selected. So for example, if Manual Setup shows a speaker at -6dB but you want it to be a bit louder for only one source, then you simply select (for example) +3dB for that particular speaker using Channel Level Adjust while that particular source is selected.

·
Registered
18,337 Posts
FYI, there was another 10 minute “improve stability/performance” update last night.

Reactions: _Vindicare_

·
Registered
507 Posts
My unit updated to...

Version: 7500-8270-9182-2065
DTS version: 3.90.50.54

·
Premium Member
23,343 Posts
AV8805 Firmware Update
Thank you for using Marantz products.
We provide the latest firmware so that you can use the product more comfortably.

Firmware improvements

■ 2020/07/29

[Version: 7500-8270-9182-2065]

(1) Improves stability when updating the network.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi all,

There were two firmware updates within a few days or so of each other correct? I'm noticing my system is brighter than it used to be prior to the firmware updates. Is it possible the firmware updates affected the tonality of the unit? It used to sound warmer but since the firmware updates the music seems to sound brighter. If that makes sense. Would a hard reset of the unit bring back the warmth of the unit. Its a bit fatiguing to my ears. How do you do a hard reset and do you lose any information when you do a hard reset? Thanks.

audiomanz.

·
Registered
812 Posts
All of my equipment running into the 8805 is 4K.

Given that do you guys tuen off the enhanced setting and let your tv up scaling or conversion?

·
Registered
97 Posts
All of my equipment running into the 8805 is 4K.

Given that do you guys tuen off the enhanced setting and let your tv up scaling or conversion?
You mean this setting?

Should be in Enhanced mode for 4K 60 FPS, i have my unit in passthought mode to not interfer in the video chain.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,709 Posts
Anyone know if this includes the RTI Denon/marantz IP module?
I don't believe it's locked down as there's the document for RS-232 and Ethernet (IP) control is posted in the documents section for the 8805. You just need to ensure that Network Control is set to "Always On" under Setup > Network > Network Control. I'm using RS-232 control because it happened to be easier in my case since I was replacing a Denon AVP-A1HDCI with the 8805 and I already had the RS-232 cable right there.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't believe it's locked down as there's the document for RS-232 and Ethernet (IP) control is posted in the documents section for the 8805. You just need to ensure that Network Control is set to "Always On" under Setup > Network > Network Control. I'm using RS-232 control because it happened to be easier in my case since I was replacing a Denon AVP-A1HDCI with the 8805 and I already had the RS-232 cable right there.
Thanks, I will take a look.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I checked and the setting is set to Always On, by default. So I am correct. It is locked down blocking access using a browser. Everything is hardwired to my home network. 8802A would let me in cia the browser over the network.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,709 Posts
I check and the setting is set to Always On, by default. So I am correct. It is locked down blocking access using a browser. Everything is hardwired to my home network. 8802A would let me in cia the browser over the network.
You’re going to need to be a bit more specific about what you’re talking about. I can put the IP address of my AV8805 into a web browser and I get a page back from the Marantz that allows me to control the it. The DeRemote and Marantz iOS apps are both able to control my AV8805 over my home network. I’m also extremely confident that if I switched my Crestron control system over to control it over the network instead of RS-232, it would work just fine, So what exactly is locked down here? If none of these options are working for you, then you have a configuration issue in your home network or one or more of your network devices.

·
Registered
747 Posts
You’re going to need to be a bit more specific about what you’re talking about. I can put the IP address of my AV8805 into a web browser and I get a page back from the Marantz that allows me to control the it. The DeRemote and Marantz iOS apps are both able to control my AV8805 over my home network. I’m also extremely confident that if I switched my Crestron control system over to control it over the network instead of RS-232, it would work just fine, So what exactly is locked down here? If none of these options are working for you, then you have a configuration issue in your home network or one or more of your network devices.
Your post made me look deeper into my network security. What I found is Norton Security was blocking me from connecting to the 8805 via any of my browsers. I had to go into the advanced screen to be able to connect to it. Thanks for your suggestions. All is well now.

5521 - 5540 of 5709 Posts