AVS Forum banner

5681 - 5700 of 5779 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
This has probably been asked before, but I've been waiting for the 8805A before upgrading from my 8802A. Been looking over the HDMI 2.1 changes I don't think I would use any of the differences. My other reason for waiting was for the DTS Pro upgrade, so I could use the 13 speakers I now have and add 2 more for side heights. So my question is whether a present 8805 will still have the capability to update to DTS PRO when it's available? Could I upgrade to an 8805 now if I don't care about HDMI 2.1?

·
Registered
493 Posts
This has probably been asked before, but I've been waiting for the 8805A before upgrading from my 8802A. Been looking over the HDMI 2.1 changes I don't think I would use any of the differences. My other reason for waiting was for the DTS Pro upgrade, so I could use the 13 speakers I now have and add 2 more for side heights. So my question is whether a present 8805 will still have the capability to update to DTS PRO when it's available? Could I upgrade to an 8805 now if I don't care about HDMI 2.1?
Absolutely! The AV8805 will get the DTS:X PRO update (free firmware update estimated to be in December 2020). Also, the AV8805 can be upgraded to the AV8805A (paid hardware upgrade) if you ever want the 8K HDMI board.

·
Premium Member
88,836 Posts
The DTS:X Pro firmware update and HDMI 2.1 hardware upgrade are not related, so yes, you can get the AV8805 now and install the DTS:X Pro firmware update when released without having to do the HDMI 2.1 hardware upgrade.

·
Vendor
27,430 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
The DTS:X Pro firmware update and HDMI 2.1 hardware upgrade are not related, so yes, you can get the AV8805 now and install the DTS:X Pro firmware update when released without having to do the HDMI 2.1 hardware upgrade.
I just got off the phone with Support. I wanted to ask about my remote backlighting, and then asked about the HDMI board and DTS Pro. I CAN update the board, but her notes stated that DTS Pro is NOT a firmware update, and is included only for the 2020 models. She is escalating my concern to higher levels of Support, but it doesn't appear to be happening for my 8805.....

·
Premium Member
88,836 Posts
I just got off the phone with Support. I wanted to ask about my remote backlighting, and then asked about the HDMI board and DTS Pro. I CAN update the board, but her notes stated that DTS Pro is NOT a firmware update, and is included only for the 2020 models. She is escalating my concern to higher levels of Support, but it doesn't appear to be happening for my 8805.....
Really? If it's not a firmware update, then how are the 2020 Denon X6700H (which has already been released earlier this summer) and the Marantz SR8015 (recently released) supposed to get the update?

AFAIK, there has been no change to the original plan in that it is a firmware update and it will be released to the AV8805 as well as the above models and X8500H by December. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Really? If it's not a firmware update, then how are the 2020 Denon X6700H (which has already been released earlier this summer) and the Marantz SR8015 (recently released) supposed to get the update?

AFAIK, there has been no change to the original plan in that it is a firmware update and it will be released to the AV8805 as well as the above models and X8500H by December. ;)
2020 models. Hope she is wrong. Crickets on my escalation...... peace.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quick question on the Heos app on the 8805. Will it stream multchannel files from a NAS device? I want to start ripping my multichannel physical media but can’t find in the manual where it identifies any file playback limitations via Heos.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
My 8805 just stopped responding to my remote (both Harmony and the Marantz) I tried the Factory reset Game Info Power but only the power button on the 8805 or the buttons under the lid work.Any suggestions before I contact Marantz?

·
Registered
493 Posts
My 7011 just died , recently.. would the 5-10 micro-processor resets in a row possibly bring it back to life???

I am about to pack it up and send it in to a repair shop in Kansas!!

LOVE Denon/Marantz, BUT, have had issues with:
SR7010
SR7011
X8500H
X4500H

AV8805 and SR6005 have been flawless!! Before I mail in the SR7011, I will try the 5-10 resets in a row ;)

I also ordered a X8500H at Magnolia (had a bunch of store credit and gift cards and rewards points I had to use up), so I will have the X8500H again soon! I do think the AV8805 is alot better, but, it could be placebo effect? I am leaning towards a one box solution with the new in box X8500H coming in next week, but, don't want to regret going from separates back to AVR..

·
Registered
248 Posts
No. Network and USB audio is 2CH only.
Do you know of a standalone network player that does support Multichannel files and outputting in multichannel?

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
2020 models. Hope she is wrong. Crickets on my escalation...... peace.
Regardless, as it all breaks in and blends with the rest of the system, I am so glad I switched up to it.

·
Registered
15,932 Posts
Solid state electronics such as prepros do not break in. It is a pervasive myth and will continue to be a myth unless knowledgeable people speak up rather than remain silent.

Here it is from Audio Critic Magazine in their list of The 10 Biggest Lies in Audio. It is lie number 6:

"6. The Burn-In Lie
This widely reiterated piece of B.S. would have you believe that audio electronics, and even cables, will “sound better” after a burn-in period of days or weeks or months (yes, months). Pure garbage. Capacitors will “form” in a matter of seconds after power-on. Bias will stabilize in a matter of minutes (and shouldn’t be all that critical in well-designed equipment, to begin with). There is absolutely no difference in performance between a correctly designed amplifier’s (or preamp’s or CD player’s) first-hour and 1000th-hour performance. As for cables, yecch… We’re dealing with audiophile voodoo here rather than science.
Loudspeakers, however, may require a break-in period of a few hours, perhaps even a day or two, before reaching optimum performance. That’s because they are mechanical devices with moving parts under stress that need to settle in. (The same is true of reciprocating engines and firearms.) That doesn’t mean a good loudspeaker won’t “sound good” right out of the box, any more than a new car with 10 miles on it won’t be good to drive."

- The 10 Biggest Lies in Audio

5681 - 5700 of 5779 Posts