AVS Forum banner

6601 - 6620 of 6680 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Only one EQ can be saved at a time; however, as suggested, you can use the MultEQ Editor app to save multiple EQs on you phone/tablet and then stream them to the AVP when you want to use them. The new <Speaker Preset 1/2> feature is only available on the 2020 and newer models.
So I just need to load a new EQ from the app and overwrite my current EQ ? I did already save several customized versions of my original calibration in the app.

·
Vendor
29,880 Posts
Weird problem... my 8805 lost it's wireless network connection and now won't reconnect. I get an error message that my password is incorrect. I am using the same password I connected with before, and the one that works on all the other devices on my network. I've tried it multiple times and always the same result.

Any ideas?

Craig
Sounds like a glitch, did you unplug it and plug it back in? Do a factory reset? If that does not work, call Marantz.

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
315 Posts
Only one EQ can be saved at a time; however, as suggested, you can use the MultEQ Editor app to save multiple EQs on your phone/tablet and then stream them to the AVP when you want to use them. The new <Speaker Preset 1/2> feature is only available on the 2020 and newer models.
Although this can easily be done with the app, it's nothing like having an extra stored preset. Instead of quickly selecting a stored preset, uploading a saved EQ configuration from the app takes several minutes.

It still amazes me how Marantz left out this simple, yet quite useful option from the flagship AV8805. At least they've come to their senses and have added it to the 2020 AVR models and plan to add it to the next AVP release.

Reactions: alebonau

·
Premium Member
13,352 Posts
I don’t recall the exact symptom, but I was able to resolve a wifi issue by unplugging my 8805 for a minute. I don’t have anything more to add as to why it worked, but it did. It’s an easy enough thing to try.
That did it! Thanks!

Reactions: Karl Maga

·
Premium Member
13,352 Posts
Refer to p. 300 of the Owner's manual "Resetting Network settings."
I was ready to go to this if leaving it unplugged over night didn't work,so thanks for that reference. I should know to always RTFM!

Reactions: Karl Maga

·
Premium Member
91,251 Posts
Although this can easily be done with the app, it's nothing like having an extra stored preset. Instead of quickly selecting a stored preset, uploading a saved EQ configuration from the app takes several minutes.

It still amazes me how Marantz left out this simple, yet quite useful option from the flagship AV8805. At least they've come to their senses and have added it to the 2020 AVR models and plan to add it to the next AVP release.
Uploading a stored EQ from the app generally only takes about 1 minute. All 2020 and newer models should feature the <Speaker Preset 1/2> setting which means the AV8806 (2022/2023) should have it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Any word on when the 8805s with the HDMI 2.1 upgrade will start shipping?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
There is currently no hdmi 2.1 that even works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
There is currently no hdmi 2.1 that even works!

There's a known bug in the HDMI 2.1 chipsets, but I believe a workaround is already there. The issue is the global chip shortage, so Denon/Marantz are probably prioritizing their current slate of receivers that are on the market. But I might be wrong here.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
There's a known bug in the HDMI 2.1 chipsets, but I believe a workaround is already there. The issue is the global chip shortage, so Denon/Marantz are probably prioritizing their current slate of receivers that are on the market. But I might be wrong here.
there is no work around nor new silicon yet announced. Their engineers are still realizing how bad the problem is. I have been talking to them about even VRr at 60hz is broken. They recently got an Xbox and rtx3090. They don’t even have a ps5

The only device that works is the ps5. This too will break once Sony sends decent image quality or vrr

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Unless someone knows the answer, could someone reach out to D&M how exactly a 13.1ch mode with 5ch floors and 7ch heights (front, center, top middle, rear) works? As a support format in my AV8805 I see Atmos, DTS X and Auro-3D listed so that’s good.

Does that mean though that with non-object base sources (for example, regular 5.1) that the 7 height speakers will be utilized by using either Dolby or DTS upmixer? I can’t find any real information regarding Front Center Heights except using IMAX Enhanced.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Unless someone knows the answer, could someone reach out to D&M how exactly a 13.1ch mode with 5ch floors and 7ch heights (front, center, top middle, rear) works? As a support format in my AV8805 I see Atmos, DTS X and Auro-3D listed so that’s good.
I dont understand 7ch heights ? its either 7.1.4 or 7.1.5 or 7.1.6 ?

if you setup top middles and 7.1.6 that will only work with some atmos titles

rather than top middle go Ts / VOG

if you setup 7.1.6 with Ch and VOG(Ts) then you will get these working with most formats... DTS-X neural X and also DTS-X, imax and auro3D ... even atmos you can upmix to 7.1.6 with neural X :)

see below slides...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Appreciate the response, thus my confusion / ask for help. Yes, I have 5 floor speakers and 7 heights (used to have 6: front, side, rear but I added a front center height. Why not VoG? Location, location, location. I can't run the cables properly and the center front height sits nicely above my television, and I already had the amplification available). The Marantz setup supports this also.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Appreciate the response, thus my confusion / ask for help. Yes, I have 5 floor speakers and 7 heights (used to have 6: front, side, rear but I added a front center height. Why not VoG? Location, location, location. I can't run the cables properly and the center front height sits nicely above my television, and I already had the amplification available). The Marantz setup supports this also.
you are quite right and indeed we have to work within what we can accomodate ! manual page 76 certainly shows support for 7ch heights ...including either Ts(vog) or Ch as the 7th speaker...

learn something new every day ! thanks :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Oh my pleasure! But there's not a lot of information out there, so I would like to know (perhaps from the D&M mothership) how this speaker is utilized. I'll gladly share my experiences here.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Front Center Height - see above
hi exm i posted back here a little how am using mine :) the Ch - centre height :)

definitely finding of benefit as fills a hole above centre speaker... with a real speaker... getting good use with dts-X... neural - X been great for upmixing netflix which has a lot of pcm ... to 7.1.6.... even watched an 81 year old movie the other day only with a pcm track that upmixed very well with auro3d !

the Ch adds height to front stage... even lifts it...

theres a good video below from sound united (with folks from dts and imax)talking through imax enhanced... though a long video...a little bit of time spent talking about the Ch speaker and how see as important.

6601 - 6620 of 6680 Posts