AVS Forum banner
6,621 - 6,640 of 8,826 Posts
hi exm i posted back here a little how am using mine :) the Ch - centre height :)

definitely finding of benefit as fills a hole above centre speaker... with a real speaker... getting good use with dts-X... neural - X been great for upmixing netflix which has a lot of pcm ... to 7.1.6.... even watched an 81 year old movie the other day only with a pcm track that upmixed very well with auro3d !

the Ch adds height to front stage... even lifts it...

theres a good video below from sound united (with folks from dts and imax)talking through imax enhanced... though a long video...a little bit of time spent talking about the Ch speaker and how see as important.

Thanks for the original link, I missed your post (or couldn't find it!). That's exactly what I'm looking for. Few questions:
  • It looks like this center height does NOT work with Dolby upmixers, so I would need to use Neural X for 5.1/DD or Atmos sources?
  • Can you use Auro surround on other sources like DD, Atmos, DTS (maybe a silly question, just never used it)?
  • Are you aware of anyone streaming IMAX Enhanced material?

My setup will look like this
[FHL]FL---[FHC]C--- [FHR]FR

TML----------------------TMR

[RHL]LS-----------------[RHR]RS
SUB1----------------------SUB 2

Reactions: alebonau
Thanks for the original link, I missed your post (or couldn't find it!). That's exactly what I'm looking for. Few questions:
  • It looks like this center height does NOT work with Dolby upmixers, so I would need to use Neural X for 5.1/DD or Atmos sources?
hi exm. thats correct if you want you can up, mix using neural x eg below, the shallows with its atmos track and neural-x post process for Ch and Ts

Can you use Auro surround on other sources like DD, Atmos, DTS (maybe a silly question, just never used it)?
yep sure thing...

this is 81 year old movie Rebecca being post processed with auro3D for 7.1.6 :)

yes you absolutely can use auro3D to post process .. just matter of hitting the movie or music button down below on the remote ....

I really wish Marantz also had a 50Hz crossover. Not sure why that’s not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: audiofan1
Any word on when the 8805s with the HDMI 2.1 upgrade will start shipping?
The official release from last year indicated the "A" (ie. HDMI 2.1 board) upgrade wouldn't be available any earlier than April - June so don't look for factory AV8805A units any earlier than after that time frame.

The official release from last year indicated the "A" (ie. HDMI 2.1 board) upgrade wouldn't be available any earlier than April - June so don't look for factory AV8805A units any earlier than after that time frame.
that was also before the **** hit the fan with the 2020 release that went pear shaped with bung hdmi board :D

i for one cant imagine for a minute they would put the bung board into the flagship and not instead put the 2nd gen hdmi 2.1 chip set due june ? or is ti just firmware in june ?

I must be doing something wrong
i just go with the stock and only thing am doing is removing the BBC dip ie mid range compensation... am fine with the rest :) seems to work pretty well for me :)

audyssey is mostly technique and method. and important to get locations of things right in the room :) speakers sub and main listening position... but thats with most EQ systems :)

I actually called marantz and asked not to long ago maybe two weeks ago and asked about the time frame and the rep I spoke to had no idea, he said nothing has been said to them about when the new board is coming out. I ask if June was still a realistic time frame and said no.

I actually called marantz and asked not to long ago maybe two weeks ago and asked about the time frame and the rep I spoke to had no idea, he said nothing has been said to them about when the new board is coming out. I ask if June was still a realistic time frame and said no.
i am with Frank, as far as concerned they can take all the time in the world. rather they get it right than fit some rubbish as an upgrade ! :)

we have a VERY solid unit now...last thing needed is for the upgrade to break it :D

After investigating it appears my lpf for lfe was set at 80? Changed it to 120 massive difference..thank you all....
As I've pointed out before in this forum, it is completely ridiculous that this control ever existed for consumers in the first place. It's no wonder in confuses many as it once did me. Audyssey Labs points out 120Hz is the correct setting for 100% of all lsteners, regardless of gear, so why are we giving consumers a way to muck it up? It would be analogous to having a menu question: "Do you want to kill off all midrange frequencies in the front left speaker?" Um, no.

We do often have reasons to adjust bass extension in the lower direction however but this is because we have reason to redirect that problematic bass to a more capable speaker for reproducing it: the subwoofer.

Reactions: pixphipau
6,621 - 6,640 of 8,826 Posts