AVS Forum banner

6761 - 6780 of 7048 Posts

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Just an update to my lost cable in the wall dilemma. Since it was the sheetrocker who lost it in the wall, I contacted the company and they said they'd take care of it. With everything being so backed up they finally came out the other day and fixed it. They sent the electrician who has this really cool snake camera. He was able to fish out the cabling without having to do surgery on my wall. Which was nice. Will have to run another Audyssey. But we'll cross that bridge later.
My Granddaughter was all set to send a team of Polly Pockets to help get you backup and running ,I'll give her the stand down order!
Glad to see a no damage repair.(y)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Anyone using the MM8077 amp...?

According to Sound and Vision test bench marks:

The 4 ohm rating for the MM8077 was 241 watts per channel - 2 channels driven

However, the 4 ohm rating for the MM7055 was 236 watts per channel - 2 channels driven.

So the, double the price ($2,199 vs. $1,199), MM8077 with its larger transformer; a toroidal transformer (vs.EI-Core of the MM7055); and larger capacitors, etc. - only outputs 5 more watts per channel...?
If you can afford it I can highly recommend the ATI ncore class D multichannel amps. Extremely low noise and high signal to noise ratio. I own two of them and a Parasound A31. My ATI amps have better signal to noise ratio and less noise at the tweeter (about 16” from tweeter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bradavguy

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If you can afford it I can highly recommend the ATI ncore class D multichannel amps. Extremely low noise and high signal to noise ratio. I own two of them and a Parasound A31. My ATI amps have better signal to noise ratio and less noise at the tweeter (about 16” from tweeter).

I feel inadequate, I have the A31 with only one ATI AT528NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: farsider3000

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I feel inadequate, I have the A31 with only one ATI AT528NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would suggest selling your car, wedding ring, cashing in 401k… anything to get another multichannel ATI. Such an empty life if one does not know true nirvana and fulfillment of twin ATI multichannel ncore!

Forgot about kids college funds… cash them in :)

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
My Granddaughter was all set to send a team of Polly Pockets to help get you backup and running ,I'll give her the stand down order!
Glad to see a no damage repair.(y)
I once stepped on a Polly Pocket at 3am going to the bathroom. They are henceforth banned from this establishment.

·
Vendor
30,846 Posts
Just an update to my lost cable in the wall dilemma. Since it was the sheetrocker who lost it in the wall, I contacted the company and they said they'd take care of it. With everything being so backed up they finally came out the other day and fixed it. They sent the electrician who has this really cool snake camera. He was able to fish out the cabling without having to do surgery on my wall. Which was nice. Will have to run another Audyssey. But we'll cross that bridge later.
That sweet never heard of a wall fish camera but it makes sense :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are there any AV8805 / Nvidia Shield owners who have been successful playing Netflix Atmos content?

I've been pulling my hair out for months trying to get this to work and am left wondering if it's something specific about this match up. I have a 2019 Shield Pro which plays Atmos content just fine over Plex and Kodi but with Netflix Atmos content, Atmos never kicks in on the AV8805. I've tried every suggested setting tweak I could find (the most popular being to disable Dolby Audio processing in the nVidia settings) but have had zero luck.

Thanks,
-- John

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Are there any AV8805 / Nvidia Shield owners who have been successful playing Netflix Atmos content?

I've been pulling my hair out for months trying to get this to work and am left wondering if it's something specific about this match up. I have a 2019 Shield Pro which plays Atmos content just fine over Plex and Kodi but with Netflix Atmos content, Atmos never kicks in on the AV8805. I've tried every suggested setting tweak I could find (the most popular being to disable Dolby Audio processing in the nVidia settings) but have had zero luck.

Thanks,
-- John

Thanks,
-- John
That's strange ! I have not encountered this, do you have the right Netflix subscription (4k) I get Atmos across all offerings for streaming.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's strange ! I have not encountered this, do you have the right Netflix subscription (4k) I get Atmos across all offerings for streaming.
Hey, thanks for your response. I'm both encouraged and jealous!

I am on the 4k Netflix plan. Would you mind confirming settings and version levels?

Marantz Firmware (Setup->General->Information->Firmware)
Version: 7000-6183-3161-3085
-DTS Version: 4.30.10.10

Shield Advanced sound settings:
Dolby Audio processing: On
Available Formats: Auto

Shield "About":
Model Number: P2897
Version: 9
Android security path level: December 5, 2020
Kernel version: 4.9.140-tegra-g7ad5124ecf88
Build: PPR1.180610.011.4079208_2513.0256
SHIELD Android TV SW Version: 8.2.2(32.6.509.0)

Shield About->Status:
HDMI Audio Mode: PCM 16 bit, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HD, Dolby TrueHD, DD+ Atmos
Device information:
Hardware configs: 675128972561101A
Description: Tegra X1+ mDarcy LPDDR4 3GB/B00-B01/A0TAG/WIFI4356
Software configs: {"fab":"0xb00","id":"2894","sku":"2551")
Power Brick Revision: PB1099

Netflix App (Get Help->Device):
Software Version: 8.2.0-3915 R2020.1
Netflix Version: nrdapp 2020.1.3.1 / bnrdlib 2020.1.3.1 / mdxlib 2020 1.3.1 / mdxjs v4.9.24-1205 / nrdjs v3.5.153-1-ge7dc803
Platform Version: Android Ninja:8.2.0:3915
UI Build: UI-release-20210511_17046-gibbon-r100-darwing

Thank you!
-- John

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Hey, thanks for your response. I'm both encouraged and jealous!

I am on the 4k Netflix plan. Would you mind confirming settings and version levels?

Marantz Firmware (Setup->General->Information->Firmware)
Version: 7000-6183-3161-3085
-DTS Version: 4.30.10.10

Shield Advanced sound settings:
Dolby Audio processing: On
Available Formats: Auto

Shield "About":
Model Number: P2897
Version: 9
Android security path level: December 5, 2020
Kernel version: 4.9.140-tegra-g7ad5124ecf88
Build: PPR1.180610.011.4079208_2513.0256
SHIELD Android TV SW Version: 8.2.2(32.6.509.0)

Shield About->Status:
HDMI Audio Mode: PCM 16 bit, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HD, Dolby TrueHD, DD+ Atmos
Device information:
Hardware configs: 675128972561101A
Description: Tegra X1+ mDarcy LPDDR4 3GB/B00-B01/A0TAG/WIFI4356
Software configs: {"fab":"0xb00","id":"2894","sku":"2551")
Power Brick Revision: PB1099

Netflix App (Get Help->Device):
Software Version: 8.2.0-3915 R2020.1
Netflix Version: nrdapp 2020.1.3.1 / bnrdlib 2020.1.3.1 / mdxlib 2020 1.3.1 / mdxjs v4.9.24-1205 / nrdjs v3.5.153-1-ge7dc803
Platform Version: Android Ninja:8.2.0:3915
UI Build: UI-release-20210511_17046-gibbon-r100-darwing

Thank you!
-- John
From what I can see same settings here, insure the Netflix content does say for example Dolbyvision / Atmos and is highlighted, try Jupiter's Legacy as I just tested and is decoding on the 8805.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Question for @jdsmoothie any chance could verify from your contents if the hdmi2.1 upgrade board upgrade for the av8805 to make it an av8805A will pass through 8K60 and 4K120 and also support all the HDMI 2.1 feature set including VRR, QMS, QFT and ALLM. I hope it is fully supporting ? as would be strange to update the flagship with a half supporting thing ?

have seen some notes the add on box wont support VRR for instance...knowing that hope marantz isnt going to pop the box inside their flagship and say here hdmi2.1 upgrade.... but knowing it doesnt support all the features ? and if the case.... can they take their time and give us a fully working upgrade ?

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Question for @jdsmoothie any chance could verify from your contents if the hdmi2.1 upgrade board upgrade for the av8805 to make it an av8805A will pass through 8K60 and 4K120 and also support all the HDMI 2.1 feature set including VRR, QMS, QFT and ALLM. I hope it is fully supporting ? as would be strange to update the flagship with a half supporting thing ?

have seen some notes the add on box wont support VRR for instance...knowing that hope marantz isnt going to pop the box inside their flagship and say here hdmi2.1 upgrade.... but knowing it doesnt support all the features ? and if the case.... can they take their time and give us a fully working upgrade ?
Anything shy of full support would be a mistake with lasting harm to their reputation. It would change my plans for an 8805a, with Lyngdorf being the new target.

·
Premium Member
91,806 Posts

The "A" upgrade as well as the 2020 D+M models and X8500HA/AV8805A being released from the factory in a few months will include the "fixed" HDMI 2.1 board which will not require the use of the SPK618 HDMI Adapter box which as the image below shows, when the box is used, VRR will pass from the xBOX Series X with a 4k/120Hz signal.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
The "A" upgrade as well as the 2020 D+M models and X8500HA/AV8805A being released from the factory in a few months will include the "fixed" HDMI 2.1 board which will not require the use of the SPK618 HDMI Adapter box which as the image below shows, when the box is used, VRR will pass from the xBOX Series X with a 4k/120Hz signal.
thanks so much JD ! that is good to hear. appreciate the note and photo !

I see ALLM there as well on screen....Does this mean all other hdmi 2.1 features like QMS, QFT will also work ? again am hoping they dont do an implementation to only find oh yeah VRR and ALLM work but QMS and QFT dont :D ...

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Anything shy of full support would be a mistake with lasting harm to their reputation. It would change my plans for an 8805a, with Lyngdorf being the new target.
I agree... i dont like this business of "hdmi 2.1" but oh yeah it does actually do this in the feature set and doesnt do that... hopefully for a flagship unit it is fully supporting.... and especially since this is a 2nd chance for marantz/sound united ...not half baked still...

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I see yamaha is now saying with their AVRs they will get the gaming dedicated functions ALLM, VRR, QMS and QFT via firmware... hopefully putting to bed the who craziness with hdmi 2.1 i hope... @jdsmoothie do you know with this upcoming card / hardware upgrade for the av8805 with the A model will this also bring ALLM, VRR, QMS and QFT ? I see only ALLM and VRR on the photo posted above ... hence the question... I hope it does :D other wise it just leaves this hdmi 2.1 wound open for sound united ...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I see yamaha is now saying with their AVRs they will get the gaming dedicated functions ALLM, VRR, QMS and QFT via firmware... hopefully putting to bed the who craziness with hdmi 2.1 i hope... @jdsmoothie do you know with this upcoming card / hardware upgrade for the av8805 with the A model will this also bring ALLM, VRR, QMS and QFT ? I see only ALLM and VRR on the photo posted above ... hence the question... I hope it does :D other wise it just leaves this hdmi 2.1 wound open for sound united ...
View attachment 3136129
And also multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs?

·
Registered
A lot of nice toys
320 Posts
Isn't Yamaha and Sound United HDMI 2.1 boards sourced from the same vendor?

6761 - 6780 of 7048 Posts