AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Marantz CD5001 single-disc player. I found it at Crutchfield for $299.99. Does anyone own this model or have an opinion or any information about it?

I am also looking for a receiver ($1000-1200 tops) and speakers. I'm seriously thinking of getting the Infinity TSS-1100 5.1 speaker system. They've been marked down from $1000 to $600 at *******.

All are being paired with an older model Sony XBR TV. But will be upgrading to an HDTV soon. As you can see, I'm no big audiophile; I just want decent sound and don't want to spend a fortune to get it.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
heidicat,

I would probably get a budget universal player like the Oppo - that way you can watch upsampled DVDs on your future HD set, as well as play CDs.

Nothing wrong with getting used/sale speakers, if you ask me... If I were shopping for surround sound on a budget, I would include the budget lines from av123, like the XLS speakers.

- Steve O.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidicat /forum/post/0

I'm thinking of getting the Marantz CD5001 single-disc player. I found it at Crutchfield for $299.99. Does anyone own this model or have an opinion or any information about it?

Can anyone address this part of his post?

I am interested in the responses myself, as I was just looking at this player earlier today at a local A/V store and considering it (I wasn't able to demo it - I had someone with me and I didn't really have the time to get caught up with one of their commisioned salesmen).

Which sounds better with CD's? the Marantz or the Oppo? How about other single-play CDP's in the same price range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.