AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN anyone tell me where i can inquire about a purchase, at a reasonble price on this unit(not japan, but us, based purchase). THANKS

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
MRJAZZ,

Have you seen it and already know you want it.

John Moschella

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO,,,have not seen it, but have heard enough good things about it, to give it a try, also it is one of the few projectors with a short enough of a throw, to fill a 84" wide screen,from aprx 10 feet,which is all the room i have in a new room i am setting up( i have several other rooms, with projection, but this new room is smaller).

·
Registered
916 Posts
Jazzz,

You'll love the projector, but, if you're looking at purchasing one in the States, it's going to put you back a few. I don't think there's anyone out there selling these projectors for any considerable amount under the $12.5K MSRP. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong!

Best of luck to you.

Victor

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ALSO, can you tell me how much noise the fan and wheel make, is it approx the same as a SHARP 9000Z or a HITACHI 5500,and finally, how bad are the rainbows compared to a SHARP 9000?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I couldn't hear the difference between the marantz and sharp. If you listen closely you can hear the color wheel spin up. If you are watching anything but silent films you want notice the 12S1 in the room.

Also, I could not see rainbows on either the marantz or sharp. Rainbows are pretty anyway so I don't see why the bother so many people :).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mr Jazzz,

Have you checked with AVS for their pricing? I assume they carry it.

Fan noise won't be an issue for you. You don't hear it when there's significant audio, and it's a soothing sound when you do hear it. :)

A word of advice: make sure that your dealer agrees to let you exchange the unit if it flickers, or at least audition the unit thoroughly before buying!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Until our family room is finished we are sitting with the Marantz on a table right between my wife and I. With no other sound we can barely hear the fan in the Marantz even sitting this close. The minute any sound is playing the projector is simply inaudible.

I have never noticed any rainbows on either the Sharp, Marantz, DWIN or Seleco DLP 2's. But you ought to actually try to see one of them as there are a few AVSers out there who claim that they are bothered by even this latest generation. The percentage is low but if you are in the the 1% ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.