AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

As you know not all stories end with ""They live happily ever after"".Matter a fact some end with"""NOT OUR FAULT""".

It has been 500 days since my TUC 9600 landed at Ontario Audio in Brampton Ont. and the owner has been nothing but a man full of 2 excuses..."Parts" and "Not our fault".Dave Schulte did give his credit card to OA and approved paying for the players repairs and said ship it back to TUC's Marantz repair depo in IL and OA said ""NO,We will fix it""...that was Aug.14th 2009.

I then proceeded to listen and TRUST O.A. and Gimologist even tried to help finding parts ..Well as of today

I have contacted Marantz and OA is sending back the modified player to Marantz Canada...we will see what happens.

During this 500 day period,Being OA is a Krell repair depo,I purchased a used Krell SACD Standard in March and at its 5yr old build date just crapped out completely and they say $1500 repair for ""THEIR"" faulty drive problem.

$4500 is Lost and gone as of today.

I donnot want this to happen to anybody out there.

Marantz does not Know if they can get the parts for their 3yr old player,Krell makes the consumer pay for their [email protected]*kup and I am again without.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclsound /forum/post/19538675

Hi Guys

As you know not all stories end with ""They live happily ever after"".Matter a fact some end with"""NOT OUR FAULT""".

It has been 500 days since my TUC 9600 landed at Ontario Audio in Brampton Ont. and the owner has been nothing but a man full of 2 excuses..."Parts" and "Not our fault".Dave Schulte did give his credit card to OA and approved paying for the players repairs and said ship it back to TUC's Marantz repair depo in IL and OA said ""NO,We will fix it""...that was Aug.14th 2009.

I then proceeded to listen and TRUST O.A. and Gimologist even tried to help finding parts ..Well as of today

I have contacted Marantz and OA is sending back the modified player to Marantz Canada...we will see what happens.

During this 500 day period,Being OA is a Krell repair depo,I purchased a used Krell SACD Standard in March and at its 5yr old build date just crapped out completely and they say $1500 repair for ""THEIR"" faulty drive problem.

$4500 is Lost and gone as of today.

I donnot want this to happen to anybody out there.

Marantz does not Know if they can get the parts for their 3yr old player,Krell makes the consumer pay for their [email protected]*kup and I am again without.

All modern consumer electronic is DISPOSABLE. If it fails, there is no reason to fix it. Even getting fix/replacement under warranty is a painful process. It was YOUR fault when you spend so much money, that you can't just write it off and move on.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
1) you had someone "modify" your player, and now you are complaining that the cem is struggling to fix it? lesson learned there for you...

2) nothing lasts forever... the drive mechanism failed... it's not THEIR fault...

$1500 to fix/replace a drive is a tad excessive though, but if you want to play in the "high end arena", you are going to pay for it...

·
Registered
810 Posts
TUC is pretty much known throughout the audiophile community - http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ad.php?t=64827

My DV9600 is in the secondary basement system and I might move it back to the main system as a CD transport with my DAC.

You can buy a used DV9600 too. I think a friend of mine mentioned he might sell his. told him about an HDMI audio de-embedder I was using with my Oppo and my Bryston DAC and he got it as well and used that for hi-rez sources with his Bryston DAC. My DV9600 was used in the main system for probably 4+ years and it is the only player I've ever owned that never choked on any disc I put into it.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

tuc is pretty well known here too...
a bit of searching here might show you some things about them that are, umm, interesting...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am well past TUC and onto OA as he has no respect for the consumer.I was a gentleman with this guy up til about 8wks ago when I had enough of excuses and no respect...hell,even his tech thought I was getting the combover of excuses.If one says ""NO"" to a full payment of his work done and I give OA permission to ship to TUC(taking all resposibility away from OA) and he keeps the product saying he will fix it,then 500 days later its not fixed,who's responsible?He just keeps saying its not his fault and I lose $2500 on just the 9600.I even asked him to help on the $1500 Krell upgrade and he can keep the 9600 and ""NO,Not Our Fault""...Even Krell agree's this is low!!!I have been made to feel like a piece of sh!t and I am standing up for myself and never want this to happen to anyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts