AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in the Marantz 8500 for a bedroom system and am wondering how the Marantz system compares to the implementations from Yamaha, Denon and Pioneer.

I have owned Yamaha and Marantz receivers in the past and would MUCH rather own another Marantz but my bedroom has a fairly unique shape and I really need the best calibration system to help the system sound better. It souds fairly thin and hollow at the moment even with some strategically placed acoustic panelling.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

P.S. any news on the release of the 7600/8600 receivers and projected release dates.

Nick V

·
Registered
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick V
I'm interested in the Marantz 8500 for a bedroom system and am wondering how the Marantz system compares to the implementations from Yamaha, Denon and Pioneer.

I have owned Yamaha and Marantz receivers in the past and would MUCH rather own another Marantz but my bedroom has a fairly unique shape and I really need the best calibration system to help the system sound better. It souds fairly thin and hollow at the moment even with some strategically placed acoustic panelling.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

P.S. any news on the release of the 7600/8600 receivers and projected release dates.

Nick V
I own a SR8500 which I use in a 5.1 setup. The sound is quite impressive but the room I use it in is not a difficult one in terms of size/shape or reflections.

M.R.A.C., as implemented in the 8500 does not perform any form of room EQ (at least if it does it is not user configurable and undocumented). Only speaker size, distance/delay and channel levels are visibly configured with M.R.A.C. However, my experience was that it is fairly accurate in what it does and required minimal adjustments (front L+R speakers set to large rather than small as is appropriate for my speakers) when I performed manual calibration using the RS SPL meter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.