AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a old Marantz NR 1605 with its HDMI ARC broken. I want to use it as an external power amplifier. Can i do that ? I have a Marantz SR 6010. It is a 7.2 system which can be extended upto 9.2 channels with 2 pre out. I want to use the 2 pre out for rear height speaker. I tried connecting the pre out(rear height) from 6010 to CD audio in of 1605. I set the 1605 to stereo cd mode. But i am not getting any sound from the speaker. If i run test tone from 1605 the speakers work so i am sure the speaker are connected properly. Is there any other configuration i am suppose to do or connect the pre out some where else on NR 1605 ?

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
No idea but I have to ask, did dig out the users guide and see if there is any configuration to use those pre outs?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea but I have to ask, did dig out the users guide and see if there is any configuration to use those pre outs?
I followed the manual to do the complete set up. I have attached the images of the setup i currently have and the configuration that i have done based on the manual for 6010. If you see there for rear height speaker the manual asks to use Height 1 pre out (Which i did) and the pre out goes to power amplifier. In my case i am sending the precut to 1605 CD Audio in. I am using RCA male cables to do that. But there is no sound from speaker. Where should i plug the pre out in 1605 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I followed the manual to do the complete set up. I have attached the images of the setup i currently have and the configuration that i have done based on the manual for 6010. If you see there for rear height speaker the manual asks to use Height 1 pre out (Which i did) and the pre out goes to power amplifier. In my case i am sending the precut to 1605 CD Audio in. I am using RCA male cables to do that. But there is no sound from speaker. Where should i plug the pre out in 1605 ?
I have used Height 2 not Height 1 wrongly wrote height 1 in my above response

1 - 4 of 4 Posts