AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi there,

I have a Marantz NR1604, and I have a PS2 connected with component cables (YUV). Up until recently, that worked perfectly. For some reason, since today (probably) I suddenly have no picture anymore. I tried both component inputs, I also tried a different old console (SNES). The PS2 and SNES still work fine with another TV, so they are OK. After toying around with different cables etc. I have no other conclusion that that: The Marantz suddenly does not process the component inputs anymore. I have no clue what happened. Maybe a firmware update?

Anything else, like the various devices connected with HDMI, work fine...

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi,

Thanks. I had just reset all input mappings to factory defaults, and then started to re-configure every input mapping again, and now the PS2 is back. I didn't even touch the video conversion settings... strange... But I'll have a look at those settings. For the moment, it's back to working, although I don't really know why. I'm under the impression that the whole analog-to-digital conversion part is not exactly very robust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Just for the record - it just happened again. I switched on my PS2 and Marantz and wanted to play some, and again, I have no picture anymore. All HDMI sources work fine, but no picture from the PS2.

This sucks. I'm starting to hate the Marantz. Seems like another waste of money for a product that doesn't work as advertised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts