AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I recently bought a Pro-ject Carbon Debut record player and purchased a Marantz PM5004 to hook up to it. In doing research, I found out there's no sub input, making a sub-woofer installation a little more complicated.

I'm currently using Infinity Primus p163 speakers and am trying to see suggestions on what sub-woofers I'd be able to hook up somehow?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
Even harder since it doesn't have preamp outputs (just "recorder" outputs). My Rythmik subwoofer will take speaker output levels so you could connect an extra pair of wires to the sub 9Using the sub's LPF). This would run your main speakers full-range, not usually the best idea but is a cheap trade. There are probably other subs that take speaker-level inputs, or you could buy (or build) a high/low adapter that converts speaker outputs to line level, sum if needed (if the sub does not have L/R inputs and a built-in summer; it may be just a Y cable depending on the adapter), and drive a sub that way.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1473093/marantz-pm5004-integrated-amp-subwoofer-impossible#post_23328343

You may want to reconsider your purchase, rather looking at the Marantz NR1504 instead which is a 5.1 slimline model as well and includes Audyssey MultEQ to auto EQ the speakers.

Does the NR 1504 have an input for a turntable? I don't see one.

Or does that Pro-Ject turntable have a USB output or something similar? I'm not familiar with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.