AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have Directv HD Tivo receiver, Sammy 6168 TV, Mitsu VCR, Panamax 5100ex power conditioner, getting Marantz DV6500 and Marantz AV 7500.

Will the stock learning Marantz remote (RC8500SR) take care of business on all the non-Marantz stuff (it says it's a learning and programable remote and I assume it will handle all Marantz component functions) or should I get an after market remote?

I'm considering the Marantz RC3200 and the Universal MX 850.

Thoughts, experiences?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey what's up!

i actually have a sr8500 receiver and a dv6500. as well as a cd 5400 single disc player. i puchased an rc3200 thinking that it would be a nice remote for all my marantz stuff, plus it's serial in/out would be great for custom programming. it was pretty easy to set up and program even though the software is terribly outdated and no good remote templates can really be found online. but i gotta tell you, the remote is horrible. it locks up almost every day, has awful range and is clunky as hell. the rc8500 isn't a dream come true either, though at least it's more reliable. if you want my honest opinion, the universal remote mx 350 osiris and the mx 650 are more than enough, well built, and really simple to use. i just got my hands on a 650 through my work (cambridge soundworks) for half price through a urc accommodation and i love it! i've also bought the rf option mx 250 and am just thrilled with it's performance, something else the marantz remotes could not do. the whole setup retails for around 350 usd which is pretty reasonable if you ask me. on a different note, the dv 6500 is great! the dvd-a and sacd playback is very strong and i love the sr8500 (very similar to the 7500). they replaced an onkyo txs-nr901 and an older pioneer elite dvd player and i have absolutely no regrets!!! well good luck with your purchases, you will not be dissapointed!!

luke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.