AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The remote I currently have came with my Marantz SR-19 receiver and has served me well for the last 5+ years. However, since 3 of those years spanned the course of college and a couple clumsy roommates, the remote as seen better days.

#1 - The batter door doesn't like to stay on.

#2 - Doesn't have the power to transmit through my frosted glass on entertainment center without super fresh batteries.

#3 - Only 4 macros which limits the WAF.

I like the remote, the thing is built like a tank and has taken a beating. But I am looking to upgrade. The problem that I have encountered in trying to replace it is the "double-click" mechanism with the Marantz SR-19. To change the video source on the receiver, you have to double-click the source button on the remote. A single click merely changes the remote function. I have tried several lower end learning remotes, none of them seem to be able to learn the code for the double-click.

I am looking for some suggestions or options.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Unless something changed with the SR-19 (from the SR-18), it uses the same commands as the SR-18 and other Marantz receivers. A Marantz, Philips or Universal Remote Control remote should give you direct access to inputs in their database.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SR-19 is almost identical to the SR-18, from what I recall when researching it all those years ago.

I was looking through some of the user files at remotecentral and it looks like most have a config file for the SR-18. The Harmonies also had it listed in the demo for setting up the remote. I have fat fingers though, so some of those might not be an option. Also why I would shy away from a touch screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.