AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still fairly new to completely understanding all audio/video connections so bear with me please.

I have a Marantz 7200 receiver with a Samsung Progressive scan DVD player. I don't remember the model number as I'm at work. This player has the switch to toggle between 480i and 480p. I have both the video and audio output going into the Marantz and then back to the monitor from there. When I'm in 480p mode, no picture, in 480i mode, I have a picture. Audio is always fine. I'm wondering if this is a software issue on the Marantz and whether I may need to run video output straight to the monitor to use 480p. I hope I'm barking up the right tree! If not, can someone set me straight on this issue please?

Thanks,

Trip

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I believe its always best to run straight thru to the source anyways....if you must run thru the receiver, how are you connecting this? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Yosh70

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did get the answer from my local store I buy my equipment from. The Marantz is a 7200 (bought last year) and does not handle prog. scan. The newer model does. Anyway, I have now run it straight to the monitor and everything is great.

Thanks again for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.