AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just go my parents marantz sr-29 reciever which has been fine for years. I plugged it into power, hooked up 2 fidek tower speakers, and my ps3 over rca cables. When I turn it just ouputs a very loud buzz that increases/decreases with volume control. Whats even more odd is that I can hear my ps3 in the background of the buzz REGARDLESS of what input is selected. Meaning if the ps3 (again, only thing plugged in) is connected to CD, but the reciever is set to LD/VCR1/etc the sound from the ps3 is till there! Anybody have any thoughts, or is this reciever trash?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I turned it on again today and the loud buzz is gone. However, no I can hear all the channels, all the time. The channel that the reciever is on is the loudest, but everything else is audible. Lets say the ps3 channel is selected. I will here the ps3, but in the background I also hear the FM radio/and the televison. Any idea why i would have cross-channel interference?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofosho /forum/post/15554717

I turned it on again today and the loud buzz is gone. However, no I can hear all the channels, all the time. The channel that the reciever is on is the loudest, but everything else is audible. Lets say the ps3 channel is selected. I will here the ps3, but in the background I also hear the FM radio/and the televison. Any idea why i would have cross-channel interference?

Time for a trip to the nearest service center.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the reciever has been getting better each time I turn it on. Today it is pretty much fixed. Not that I'm complaining, but does anyone have any idea why this problem would "magically" fix itself? Has anyone else expierence this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts