AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have unfortunately hit the audiophile roadblock and moved to a new home where I have to start replanning my system. I wanted something more simplistic and just sold my preamp/5 amp combo and looking to downsize to a receiver.

That being said I have a budget of about $1200 and have my mind set on the marantz sr 5015. I was wondering if you guys had any other suggestions in that price range. I have been doing some research and really only found the denon x2700 which I liked better than the marantz. Bellow is my current set up to help aide the discussion.

LG oled 65 b7
Goldenear triton 7
Goldenear supersat 3
Goldenear super center xl
Hsu vtf-15 mk1
Ps5
Xbox series x
Sony x800

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
@Ckubs For that budget you can do better, get a used Denon x3600/x4500 or if you need analog inputs, get the cousin marantz sr6014, or at the top of your budget get a brand new denon x3700. About as good as you can get for features, price and it's a 2020 model so should be good for a few years.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Ckubs For that budget you can do better, get a used Denon x3600/x4500 or if you need analog inputs, get the cousin marantz sr6014, or at the top of your budget get a brand new denon x3700. About as good as you can get for features, price and it's a 2020 model so should be good for a few years.
Funny you mentioned that. I have been researching all day and found that the denon x3700 is a much better unit for only $100 more I think I might go that route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also look at the SR5015 vs X3700. The Marantz has a tiny display, which bugs me. eARC doesn't have any on screen overlays. Mainly using HDMI eARC from a LG CX and Pre-outs to old Bryston amps, so I don't care about switching, amps, etc..

I watched the video from Sound United and understand their arguments.

Has anyone shot the two out and heard one sounding noticeably better?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'm also look at the SR5015 vs X3700. The Marantz has a tiny display, which bugs me. eARC doesn't have any on screen overlays. Mainly using HDMI eARC from a LG CX and Pre-outs to old Bryston amps, so I don't care about switching, amps, etc..

I watched the video from Sound United and understand their arguments.

Has anyone shot the two out and heard one sounding noticeably better?
X3700 sounds a little different in the upper mids and highs. I think it sounds good, but sounds a little thinner in the lower mids upper bass. Not sure how it sounds after Audyssey ran, but I think it’s good enough. Using a subwoofer would be ideal too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts