AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished setting up my new Marantz SR-8002. I can't seem to get the subwoofer setup properly.

I plugged an RCA cable in the SW pre-out port on the back of the Marantz into the line-in on my Polk ASW 10 sub as described in the manual. When I go into the manual test mode the fronts and center give test tone but the sub doesn't.

Any ideas? I'm guessing I must have turned off the signal to the sub somehow. I might just try to do a factory reset of the reciever if I can't get any better ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoto
I just finished setting up my new Marantz SR-8002. I can't seem to get the subwoofer setup properly.

I plugged an RCA cable in the SW pre-out port on the back of the Marantz into the line-in on my Polk ASW 10 sub as described in the manual. When I go into the manual test mode the fronts and center give test tone but the sub doesn't.

Any ideas? I'm guessing I must have turned off the signal to the sub somehow. I might just try to do a factory reset of the reciever if I can't get any better ideas. Thanks.
Run Audyssey and see if it detects it. If it does you may be good to go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I'll give that a shot later. I'm pretty sure it was giving a test tone last week when I was initally setting things up but now it doesn't so I'm thinking I turned off the output to the sub somehow, kind of frustrating.

Also, how do I tell what firmware version I have? I read there was some bug but since I just got the reciever I'm assuming I have the updated firmware but can't seem to figure out how to see the version I have.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoto /forum/post/19589675

Thank you for the reply. I'll give that a shot later. I'm pretty sure it was giving a test tone last week when I was initally setting things up but now it doesn't so I'm thinking I turned off the output to the sub somehow, kind of frustrating.

Also, how do I tell what firmware version I have? I read there was some bug but since I just got the reciever I'm assuming I have the updated firmware but can't seem to figure out how to see the version I have.

I'm sorry I can't help you on finding that firmware version. You will have to go to the dedicated thread for it. Marantz 7002/8002. Don't be surprised though if it still has the old version. I was going to buy the 8002 last year but was informed from the vendor that it MAY have the older firmware. Would have to send unit to Marantz to do that update. I got the Onkyo 876 instead. I think after you run Audyssey it will detect your sub and do what needs to be done. Hope you do have the latest firmware. I'd be mad as a hornet if it was mine and it didn't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same issues on this same receiver. I checked and have the latest firmware, h39.

RCA cord from purple SW out to line in on sub.

When checking tones, no sound for Sub.

Audyssey does not detect sub.

Did a system reset, still no sub sound.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a factory reset and now got the sub working. Not sure what I did to turn it off, must have been somewhere in the speaker setup section, who knows.

hinkleid: How did you figure out what firmware you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoto /forum/post/19594602

I did a factory reset and now got the sub working. Not sure what I did to turn it off, must have been somewhere in the speaker setup section, who knows.

hinkleid: How did you figure out what firmware you have?

I did the factory reset as well, but sub still has not worked. Does anyone know WHICH setting this may be to turn on/off sub?

To get the firmware version go to the service menu:

You have to push the three buttons "Pure Direct", "7.1CH INPUT" and "M-DAX" on the front panel all together for more than three seconds.

Then the display shows "Service Mode".

After a while it shows the receiver model "SR8002"

With the "Enter" button you can now ask for more information continuously.

V070903 2N

MZ738000065

B1 10708201

B2 20708231

HDMI Ver.h30

At the end, two display tests become started.

Your information will be different. Just keep pressing enter to get back to normal mode.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same problem with no sub woofer output. I reset to factory defaults and still does not work. I ran Audyssey and did not pick up a subwoofer signal.

Was anyone able to resolve this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm new here but have the same problem as the above members with no sub output from my Marantz SR8002. I've owned it since new for 6-7 years and the sub has previously been working although it hasn't worked for a few months now. I have also tried factory reset, adjusting settings etc but no luck. Has anyone made any progress on this as I am aware I'm reviving a year old thread? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.