AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a DVD Audio player, the Toshiba SD9200, and I was trying to hook up the analog outputs to listen to DVD Audio, but I'm not getting any sound out of the center, surround channels or sub, as if the Direct In EXT inputs on the SR19 are apparently not working. I know I have the 6 CH EXT showing marked indicating for CD and have the left and right analog inputs all hooked up correctly on the Marantz. Everything is hooked up to the Toshiba. Everything is good in the menu setup for Analog 6 channel ..........I'm at a loss, there is nothing coming form the center or surrounds, no base either. It's as if the Marantz isn't recognizing the EXT inputs. Is there something missing here with the Marantz? Why isn't the Marantz recognizing the signals? Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting left and right stereo just fine, just not other channels are being output while in DVD Audio mode. The disc I have is Fleetwood Mac Rumors. There is no sound coming from the EXT inputs, ie the left surround, center, right surround, and subwoofer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

Did you check the volume levels in the Toshiba?

I had to set mine at -5 in order for the sub channel to have enough

volume. If you have the Radio Shack sound level meter use it to set the

volume in the Toshiba, it's much more accurate that way.

Good luck

Helier

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did, they are all at "0", there is no sound coming from any of the channels except for left and right. Any other ideas?b

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.