AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im looking for a friend of mine at a new receiver, we went to a local (small) audio shop that offered some options, the downside was that this small shop only had a denon 1610 to check out.

The salesman offered us:

Marantz SR4003 - 300 euro

Pioneer 919AH - 450 euro

Denon 1610 - 425 euro

P.S these are prices in Holland.

He will be using his receiver to switch between a PS3 and a popcorn hour A110 hdmi mediacenter, he will be gaming, watching movies and listening music.

Before we drive to large audio shops far away i was wondering what you think is the best choice out of these 3, i read that the Denon and Pioneer have features that allow you to only connect one HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV regardless of what devices you connect to the receiver.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I wouldn't go with the 919 as Pioneer has started to scale back their amp sections significantly.

The Marantz is nice, but doesn't output the OSD over HDMI and doesn't have Audyssey.

The 1610 would be my pick. It has a great amp section and Audyssey MultiEQ. Just be sure to use Batpig's setup guides instead of the useless manual it comes with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.