AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an LG TV (55LM6410) and have been working on connecting it up to my Marantz sr5003. I initially tried connecting the PS3 to the Marantz via HDMI and the Marantz to the LG TV via HDMI. I was able to receive the 3D Blu-ray image on the TV but no sound was coming through (out of) the speakers connected to the Marantz. I then connected the PS3 to the LG TV (direct via HDMI), and the LG TV's optical audio out to the Marantz Optical In. By doing this I could get sound at the TV speakers but not at the Marantz.

Am I expecting a bit much from the LG TV (and HDMI) to pass through PS3/Blu-ray 5.1/7.1 sound to the Marantz whilst showing a 3d picture? My next option is to connect the PS3 optical out to the Marantz optical in. I expect this to work, but it seems like quite a convoluted approach. Ideally I would connect everything to the Marantz via HDMI and use a single HDMI cable to connect to the TV (my previous non-3d setup).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.